Overclock.net banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I want to add before I get started I am no expert in Xtreme overclocking, but I do have a few tricks and tips I think would benefit some users in achieving the highest 3DMark score possible. Either Time Spy or Port Royal. For the sake of this post I am under the automatic assumption that you have your cooling in check and everything I will be posting about will be software related. Not how to LN2 your 3090. Some things might be proven to increase scores and some might just be thought to help. Take what you want from this post and please leave the rest.

Here are just a few ways you can gradually increase your scores from tweaking Windows alone lets start with, where you aquire 3DMark.

You can aquire 3dmark from Steam and as a standalone program, now when benchmarking it is best to have as little programs running as possible so I prefer to use the stand alone as opposed to Steam, becuase then you have Steam and all of it extras running in the background. If you have already purchased your 3DMark through Steam then no worries you can get your key codes out of 3DMark, all you need todo is open 3DMark through steam and go to "Options" it will look like this.

Copy these keys then you can download the stand alone version of 3DMark from 3DMark Basic Edition However you will need to update 3dmark after this, the version is never up to date this way. Once you have 3Dmark install you just go back to the "Options" tab and enter the keys you pulled from steam.

Basically the same thing goes for Cinebench, you can download the Windows Store version but this is not normally the preference, luckily they fixed this and now you can download the stand alone version of Cinebench from https://www.maxon.net/en-us/support/downloads/.

As far as improving 3Dmark scores from here you can change the "Advanced System Settings" just type that in the search bar it will pull up

If you click settings you will then be able to change Visual Effects to "Adjust For Best Performance" Now this is not very pleasing on the eyes but it will give less attention to the OS for detail.

Next if you open up "Nvidia Control Panel" and go to "Manage 3D Settings" there will be 3 settings to change that we are going to focus on. "Ambient Occlusion" "Power Management Mode" and "Texture Filtering Quality"

You will change "Ambient Occlusion" to "Performance", "Power Management Mode" to "Prefer Maximum Performance" "Texture Filtering - Quality" to "High Performance"

Next would be Power Options, of course you do not want anything running in "Eco" mode so the best power option I have come across would be the "Ultimate Performance" option which you get by simply typing in this command in to an admin elevated powershell. Then making sure you go select the correct power plan.
powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61

Thats all the helpful windows tweaks I can provide. However there are other ways to increase your score aside from overclocking and upgrading your equipment. Another piece of software I use is "Process Lasso" what Process Lasso allows me to do is select programs that are not open yet and allow them to run at "Realtime" or "High" priority. This can be done with windows for one open and close of the program, however you cannot change "3dmarkportroyal.exe" to run at an elevated priority with windows. So Process Lasso makes this possible, it is not as helpful in the CPU less intensive benchmarks but it is a bid differnece in Time Spy and Fire Strike. As well as Cinebench I have seen 300 point increases in changing the priority of Cinebench. The screen wont even render while running Cinebench with Realtime priority but it will complete with a nice increase in score. So I will show how todo this with Process Lasso. When you open Process Lasso it will look like this:

After you have Process Lasso open you will go to "Options", CPU, configure persistant CPU priorities, where you will be greated with a window like this where you will add in what programs you want to run at a different priority when started here is what mine looks like:

This way as soon as a program starts with these names it is instantly elevated to a higher priority for processing power.
This is about all I have to share there are a few other things I do to tweak my scores however they do not have much substance and I wouldnt consider them a "gurantee" to increase your score. I am sure there are a ton of other ways to increase your score and I encourage anyone with any helpful tips to type them below. I am trying to be more active in these forums like I used to be and trying to get my Rep up a little bit so if you found any of this helpful feel free to give me that +1! Thank you for your time and feel free to ask any questions you feel are warranted.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.