Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Expert pin bender
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i am wondering if anyone else has problems with firestrike now after the new UI update. Mine is from steam and the UI is all fubar.
I get blank buttons and looks like most of the text is missing on the UI. Also, it appears it is running in demo mode even though i bought the advanced edition in 2013 on steam.

I have tried removing with steam, uninstalled system info from add remove programs. Also did a regedit and deleted everything i could find futuremark related. I am on windows 7 so i havent had a chance to test on another box yet. Just wondering if i am alone here.

·
Expert pin bender
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, i found mine is the advanced edition, furthermore its not in demo mode either. I found out a way to disable the demos but the. Ui is still blank. Thank you guys for responding, i dont know how to fix UI.

·
Not a Fan
2,648 Posts
The blank buttons are similar to what it looks like wth the LOD tweak running with nVidia. Have you tried setting your driver back to stock? Not sure if the driver tweaks in AMD would do that in this new version, but it shouldn't be hard to try.

·
Expert pin bender
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnarlyCharlie View Post

The blank buttons are similar to what it looks like wth the LOD tweak running with nVidia. Have you tried setting your driver back to stock? Not sure if the driver tweaks in AMD would do that in this new version, but it shouldn't be hard to try.
I just restting global and CF profile tried no dice, i don't really want to reload my video drivers just for this as i don't think it will help. It's something fubar with the update, i guess i need to test on another machine ;-/

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same exact issue, cannot figure it out for the life of me.

Win 7 SP1 (Yar-harr'd). i7 4770k no OC. EVGA GTX 970 SSC.

So weird. Can run the benchmark fine but the buttons have no text, they look just like your above SS.

·
Expert pin bender
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafflcopterz View Post

Same exact issue, cannot figure it out for the life of me.

Win 7 SP1 (Yar-harr'd). i7 4770k no OC. EVGA GTX 970 SSC.

So weird. Can run the benchmark fine but the buttons have no text, they look just like your above SS.
Glad to know i am not alone, misery loves company
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radnad View Post

Ya'll don't have your text size changed in Windows by chance do you? I've seen that cause problems with application buttons before.
Very good suggestion but for me i am at default 100% - classic windows theme, and i even tried my 1080p monitor no luck.

·
Expert pin bender
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hequaqua View Post

I think Steam will show you your key if you bought it.

I bought mine through Steam, but installed the standalone and just put my key in.
that's something i haven't tried yet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts