Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heh, just installed my Zalman 9500 and my VF700. after the first boot to check the initial temps, i went straight for 3Ghz. well, stable in windows, about to test in SuperPI and some 3DMark stuff,
vCore is at 1.5 volts even, not 1.55 as nVMonitor says.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Transonic

Great job
A little loose on the timings but the big 3GHz is still 3GHz.
Let us know how the stability testing goes.

yeah, the timings are loose just to get through basic testing. oh quick question, is 3 volts bad for TCCD?? i have good airflow in my case...

·
Registered
349 Posts
congrats! 275 x 11 (stock multiplier) is certainly nothing to be ashamed of, especially on air. I look forward to some results!

edit: 2.7 - 2.9 vdimm for tccd, generally you don't have to go any higher than 2.8... 3.0 vdimm will lower life expectancy of your ram

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobuk

yeah, the timings are loose just to get through basic testing. oh quick question, is 3 volts bad for TCCD?? i have good airflow in my case...

I've noticed that the OCZ can take about another .1v than the G. Skill. So we'll max out at like 2.8-2.9v and OCZ should take 2.9-3.0v. All you really need is a side intake fan and you should be fine.

Just to make sure I'd memtest your RAM. I once memtested mine with the exact same settings at both 2.8v & 2.9v and 2.9v got more errors. Just a suggestion

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Transonic

I've noticed that the OCZ can take about another .1v than the G. Skill. So we'll max out at like 2.8-2.9v and OCZ should take 2.9-3.0v. All you really need is a side intake fan and you should be fine.

Just to make sure I'd memtest your RAM. I once memtested mine with the exact same settings at both 2.8v & 2.9v and 2.9v got more errors. Just a suggestion

kool thanks, i'll keep track of that

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, first two goals of mine have been achieved. sub 30-second SuperPI, and 100k in AM3
oh yeah, my GTX is at 535/1350,

edit: number 3 goal is down, over 9000 in 3DMark05

·
Premium Member
8,376 Posts
I'm so jealous! I can only get 2.88GHz out of my 3700+, and with 1.7V

1 - 10 of 10 Posts