Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Goodbye
10,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who has 3 Way SLI Titan Blacks and 3x 1080p monitors all running on DVI right now.

He's hoping to go with 1440p and 120hz (or 144hz if possible) monitors for 3 screen gaming.

Is this even possible? What kind of configuration is required to do three screen gaming at 1440p and 120Hz+?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Dual link dvi would handle it, and there are few(if any) rigs/set ups that would be better to do it with.

All he would really need is a decent stand and the new monitors.

·
Goodbye
10,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about the 144Hz? Can that be done on three screens at once with DVI-D? Or does that require Displayport?

·
Goodbye
10,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay so that's sorted for 144hz.

I wonder about the other route, are there 1440p 120hz monitors on the market? Ideally 27" or smaller?

·
Goodbye
10,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The PQ278Q looks perfect. Just one problem, I can't seem to find anyone selling them in Canada..or the states for that matter.

But I did find the PG278Q which looks to be the same monitor. So I guess we'll go with that.

·
Goodbye
10,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Well that was a nightmare to get working. Tried about five different drivers but it's finally up and running.

Never thought I'd see the day where three Titan Blacks would struggle but ARMA3 was able to have us drop the settings down from Ultra.

Thanks for all the help.

Rep+ for everyone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts