Overclock.net banner

4.0 Ghz e7200 on air cooling

3232 Views 72 Replies 24 Participants Last post by  Triscuit
WOOT after working on my overclock for a while i finally hit 4.0 stable on air cooling.
I can post pictures of my setup when i get home
who else has gotten this proc to 4.0 on air?
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i used an older version of occt. I will run the new one on my ssystem tonight and post my results. I have seen the temps hit 65 ONCE for about 1 second and drop down to ~50-55

· Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcastaneda68 View Post
If you haven't used the OCCT linpack test or Intelburntest previously at this speed, I will advise to be cautious.

Maybe you can run one OCCT "Normal CPU test" and see your temps using "Real Temp" or "Core Temp". If it is ok with the normal test, then try with the Linpack test. This Linpack test really tests your cooling...
Thanks for the heads up

Quote:

Originally Posted by adizz View Post
i had it at 4GHz on stock cooler before!!not stable though
as of now i have it at 4.1GHz stable @1.36vcore considering the vdroop!
what cooler are you using?

· Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lonnie5000 View Post
I want to see a screenshot of 12+ hours of Prime95. Then the 4 ghz overclock will be more believable.
since you are the only one that doesn't believe me i will get one for you then

· Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
thanks
i will see what i can do to get time to get a prime 95 SS. Right now my vista install isn't doing so good so i may have to wait until a fresh formatt (I HATE VIST BUT LIKE IT haha)

· Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Before i reinstall vista i am thinking really hard about lapping my cpu to get my temps down a bit more. I would like to push my cpu a bit more or just make it run cooler haha. I will be doing both my cpu and my heatsink if i do it

· Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtbiker033
View Post

I finally decided to see if I could hit 4.0 and am running Prime95 now at 1.375vcore in bios, 1.328v in cpuz. Max temp is 60.

gotta run a 3dmark06 once I'm sure it's stable.

UPDATED:

17,622 in 3dMark06!! orb link in sig

Grats!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.