Overclock.net banner

4.0 Ghz e7200 on air cooling

3232 Views 72 Replies 24 Participants Last post by  Triscuit
WOOT after working on my overclock for a while i finally hit 4.0 stable on air cooling.
I can post pictures of my setup when i get home
who else has gotten this proc to 4.0 on air?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
615 Posts
Congrats on this overclocking!

The highest speed I have reached with this CPU is 3.515MHz stable using my Thermaltake TMG i1 air CPU cooler.

Stress Testing with Prime95 my temps got to 65°C (Real Temp) on both cores.

How did you stress test your system?
What are your temps during stress test?
Have you tested using OCCT 3.0 (it now has the Linpack test, which is the same as IntelBurnTest)

· Registered
615 Posts
If you haven't used the OCCT linpack test or Intelburntest previously at this speed, I will advise to be cautious.

Maybe you can run one OCCT "Normal CPU test" and see your temps using "Real Temp" or "Core Temp". If it is ok with the normal test, then try with the Linpack test. This Linpack test really tests your cooling...

· Registered
615 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by poyyiee View Post
does anyone try,wit stock hsf, how high OC e7200 can go??
The highest I could get my E7200 with Intel's stock fan was 3.24 GHz (340 x 9.5) with 1.312V Vcore. Core temps during stress test got to 71°C & 70°C, as reported by Speedfan, which I know now is reporting about 5°C higher than RealTemp.

I tested it stable with 6h Prime95, 2h OCCT, 14h Memtest86+.

· Registered
615 Posts
Quote:

cant get stable 3.5ghz on vcore1.35v,any idea y??
setting = 369x9.5
I have my E7200 stable at 3,515 GHz 370x9.5 using 1.3375V (BIOS), resulting in a monitored voltage of 1.35/1.36 as stated by CPU-Z.
My memory is also overclocked from 800 MHz DDR2 to 889 MHz DDR2. I had to go all the way to 2.10V for the memory and 1.32V for my northbridge,

I recommend you test separately for memory (Memtest86), cpu (Prime95 small FFT) and overall (Prime95 blend). This way, you can isolate the problem and add voltage where needed.

Hope this helps!

· Registered
615 Posts
Quote:

btw, which program most reliable to determine a stable 24/7 OC system??
OCCT, intelburn test or prime95, or all of them??
IMO, each serves a different purpose:

OCCT is very helpful to quickly determine stability
Memtest86+ is very good to isolate memory problems
Prime95 small FFT will help you identify CPU related errors
Prime95 blend, 6 to 12h will help you determine overall system stability

Intelburn, I don't use it. Instead, OCCT 3.0 has a test called Linpack which is the same test as INtelBurn. I use this Linpack test for a few minutes only to see how my cooling system is working. Running it 5 minutes is enough!

I consider my system stable if I can run 6h of Prime95 blend + 2h of OCCT + PCMark05 benchmark + at least one day of regular use

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.