Overclock.net banner

4.0 Ghz e7200 on air cooling

3229 72
WOOT after working on my overclock for a while i finally hit 4.0 stable on air cooling.
I can post pictures of my setup when i get home
who else has gotten this proc to 4.0 on air?
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

· Registered
1,288 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penicilyn View Post
That's really bad vDroop, that means that your CPU is only getting 1.34v when the magic starts. Go into your bios and see if you can find a feature called Load Line Calibration. It should smooth out your vDroop, with that feature my motherboard has zero vDroop.
The Gigabyte P35's don't have Load Line Cal options in their bios'. I had to mod my board to get rid of the Vdroop. The Gigabyte P35 are also known for very terrible Vdroop.

· Registered
349 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcastaneda68 View Post
IMO, each serves a different purpose:

OCCT is very helpful to quickly determine stability
Memtest86+ is very good to isolate memory problems
Prime95 small FFT will help you identify CPU related errors
Prime95 blend, 6 to 12h will help you determine overall system stability

Intelburn, I don't use it. Instead, OCCT 3.0 has a test called Linpack which is the same test as INtelBurn. I use this Linpack test for a few minutes only to see how my cooling system is working. Running it 5 minutes is enough!

I consider my system stable if I can run 6h of Prime95 blend + 2h of OCCT + PCMark05 benchmark + at least one day of regular use
ooo..
..nice guideline

· Registered
349 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nytevizion View Post
The Gigabyte P35's don't have Load Line Cal options in their bios'. I had to mod my board to get rid of the Vdroop. The Gigabyte P35 are also known for very terrible Vdroop.
waaa

does modding mobo complicate ??

· Registered
349 Posts
wuahaha..now i understand wht vdroop effect to proc vcore...found someone post about it
link http://www.overclock.net/intel-mothe...-0-065v-2.html

so,i dont think really need to vmod my mobo then..sooo risky btw..huhuhu
my conclusion :
according someone post(cant remember who),he get E7200 3.5Ghz on 1.35vcore..by my cpu-z reading,eventhough i set bios vcore 1.4v,it read idle=1.376v and load=1.344v for 3.5Ghz..close to what tht guy posted..so, i dont hve to worry the overvolt would fry my proc for system running 24/7..
does my conclusion make any sense??

· Registered
3,846 Posts

· Premium Member
8,136 Posts
I finally decided to see if I could hit 4.0 and am running Prime95 now at 1.375vcore in bios, 1.328v in cpuz. Max temp is 60.

gotta run a 3dmark06 once I'm sure it's stable.

UPDATED:

17,622 in 3dMark06!! orb link in sig

· Premium Member
7,052 Posts
u wont need a new psu but go for a ud3p and a true if u want ultimate OCing on air.

· Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtbiker033
View Post

I finally decided to see if I could hit 4.0 and am running Prime95 now at 1.375vcore in bios, 1.328v in cpuz. Max temp is 60.

gotta run a 3dmark06 once I'm sure it's stable.

UPDATED:

17,622 in 3dMark06!! orb link in sig

Grats!

61 - 73 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.