Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Switched cases from a Parvum to a Carbide and trying to get the Parvum into a salable state.

I remove the LED momentary switch and replaced it with a missile type switch and of course I did not note the wiring set up. This is the switch pins.

What goes where as I have 4 spade terminals 2 for power and 2 for LED?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Did the switch not come with a wiring diagram? Do you know how to use an ohm meter?
Missile switch as in push the button to launch the rocket?
To me it looks like the middle two pins are grouped together, and the outer pins are grouped together. Is this an illuminated switch? then one pair would be the LED or bulb. Or is the switch where one pair is NO Normally Open (push the button and switch closes) and the other pair is NC Normally closed (push the button and switch opens). But to my experience the pins would not be at that weird angle.
So my guess would be the outer pins are the switch, inner pins the light.

·
Senioritis Member
8,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastexas View Post

this should help

Thanks for that diagram. I have a couple of ModMyToys power switch with six lugs and couldn't find a diagram for it anywhere. I didn't think about markings being by the terminals until I saw your diagram (I'm old and need trifocals). I took a magnifying glass to my switches and sure enough, there were the + & - for the LED. Figuring out which of the remaining lugs were paired for NO and NC was easy after that using a multimeter.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post

Thanks for that diagram. I have a couple of ModMyToys power switch with six lugs and couldn't find a diagram for it anywhere. I didn't think about markings being by the terminals until I saw your diagram (I'm old and need trifocals). I took a magnifying glass to my switches and sure enough, there were the + & - for the LED. Figuring out which of the remaining lugs were paired for NO and NC was easy after that using a multimeter.
glad it helped

1 - 6 of 6 Posts