Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is filling all 4 ram slots with 2 dual channel kits(2gb) on intel 945p chipset with
pentium d 920 bad Or worse than only filling 2 with one dual channel kit for total of 1 gb.

the reason i am thinking this is because i can either buy one dual channel kit 1gb now and then buy another when i need it or staright out buy a 2gb dual channle kit (2x1gb) rather than having 4x512mb, becus the 2gb is os fkin expensive here in canada the corsair value stuff i see all over american sites pc2-5300 in america i see it for like 170 but here in canada it is like 300$. WHAT WILL GIVE BETTER PERFormance IN BF2????

ty

·
Registered
40 Posts
yeah 2gb of ram is all good but why don't u get 1gb sticks. If u fill up all 4 ram slots then ur oc can suffer. With 4 slots filled up the memory controller has to work that much harder. I had 2gb of ram and it's stopped my oc at like 20% I took 2 sticks out and it oc's better now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ye thats what i heard about amd cpus becus they have the mem contorller on the cpu but pentiums have it on the north? or south bridge i don rmbr so does it still suffer?? lol when everyhting is said and done i will probably end up getting ocz gold ddr2-675 2gb kit becus that looks like the best price to perf i can find on ncix.com at $329 guess i wil have to cut down on motherboard then... intead of 955x chipset mobo i will get 945p as looking ta it it looks almost exactly the same.

ty

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by staffpro

ye thats what i heard about amd cpus becus they have the mem contorller on the cpu but pentiums have it on the north? or south bridge i don rmbr so does it still suffer?? lol when everyhting is said and done i will probably end up getting ocz gold ddr2-675 2gb kit becus that looks like the best price to perf i can find on ncix.com at $329 guess i wil have to cut down on motherboard then... intead of 955x chipset mobo i will get 945p as looking ta it it looks almost exactly the same.

ty

Humm, Yea, It doesn load up your memory controler, which is never good. The memory is controled on the northbridge, along with the CPU, which is why it affects you OC. Hum.. You would probably be better off with a 955x board and 1 GB of ram.. 329 bux is quite a bit to spend on memory if your going to get a 945P board.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i still have around a month to decide and the 329 is canadian btw so thats like 275 american anyway the 945p board is also...(ALL THESE PRICES I WILL TRY TO CONVERT TO AMERICAN TO PUT IT IN SCOPE)... around $170-180 and then the 955x is 200$ so i mite as well add the 30$ maybe the price wil go down in 1.5 months as intel is always releasing new chipsets lol with the new 975x. anyways heres what i plan on buying

-19" hyundai imagequest l90d 300$
-aerocool aeroengine case 80$
-aerocool turbine 550w psu 80$
-either asus P5WD2 Premium (955x) or P5LD2 Deluxe (945p) 200$
-ocz gold ddr2-675 2gb 2x1gb kit i think they are 4-4-4-8 270$
- Intel Pentium D 920 ( iwill overclock) 280$
-AC freezer 7 to cool the cpu 30$
-evga 7800gt pci-e 300$
-AC NV5 silencer to cool the vid card 30$
-250gb sata barracuda $100
-dvd burner $50
-logitech mx3100 desktop $120

total around 1800$ ( i converted from cad to american so thats total in american)

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
humm, wow that's quite a bit for a mouse and keyboard.. Humm, If it is between the 955x and the 945P board get the 955x! Everything else looks good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the mouse is keyboard is quite a bit i know but it is veyr good, has awesome range, looks sexy, and is full featured and mx1000 mouse u cnat fkin beat (i dont like the new g7) and no lag as ive tried the same mouse/keyboard setup at friends house AND battlife on the kyboard is like 6 months while batt life on mouse is like 2 weeks for 1 charge which is pretty amazing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts