Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i have a 4000+ sandiego.

whenever i try and up the htt, my ram increases in a 1:1 ratio. that is, if i put the fsb up to 250mhz, my comp will not boot because the memory cannot run at 250mhz. i cant get the htt past 224mhz because of this, but i know my processor will support more (the ram is holding me back, though i have corsair xms and its pretty nice). ive seen pictures of people with their memory around 224mhz, but their htt at 250+mhz. this is what i wish to accomplish, and i know its probably a really simple change in the bios but im still new to overclocking.

any help is much appreciated =]

·
Banned
289 Posts
you will most likely have to use a divider to get your HTT to 250. Also, fill out your system specs in your profile, its very helpful so people can easily see your system.

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found a good ratio; however, I don't have the option to put it on 11:12 (that would be perfect). Right now my HTT = 260MHz (x11) with a ratio of 5:6, which only lets my RAM run at 204MHz :\\

I'm stable at 2860MHz though! I just wish I could max out my memory...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I read somewhere that half multipliers (10.5, 11.5, etc) were not recommended...is there anything wrong with them or was it just heresy?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright, I believe I found my CPU's optimal speed. I'm currently at 2.9GHz (33c idle) but my memory says it's running at 207MHz?

Multiplier is still set to 11, and my HTT is at 264. Any other suggestions to getting the memory up a tad?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
This overclocking calculator will allow you to play with different HTT speeds, multipliers, and dividers so you can find your best configuration..

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tytlyf

This overclocking calculator will allow you to play with different HTT speeds, multipliers, and dividers so you can find your best configuration..

You gave our lil secret away lol

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
well, I was a noob one day and it helped me alot, I've been giving it away alot lately, shame on me.

But it is the best informative tool IMO to learn to overclock, and provide convenience

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by j0e

I read somewhere that half multipliers (10.5, 11.5, etc) were not recommended...is there anything wrong with them or was it just heresy?

It's heresy. The only curveball that 1/2 multipliers throw you is that the ram speed is harder to calculate without using Gogar's tool. If you know what you're doing, there's absolutely nothing wrong with a 1/2 multiplier.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by j0e

What is the 183MHz divider? It seems that that would work best for me!

In your bios, go to Genie Bios, then hit ENTER on DRAM configuration. You will see the memory divider, should be listed as max memclock or something (I have the same board and I can never remember the name). Set that to 180. That will be your memory divider. Use that calculator to "know" the memory speed so you dont have to figure it out.
Corsair value should be able to clock close to 220mhz. At least my last stick of it did.
2.5-3-3-7 1T settings with 2.8v will get you the best performance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks, guys!

And to tytlyf, is your ram really running at 264MHz?!?!

Please show me a link for your ram, because I'm going to have to buy some haha =]

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by j0e

And to tytlyf, is your ram really running at 264MHz?!?!

of course it is, and I only got the pedal half way to the floor. It's my top secret memory.....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts