Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mach Studio Pro v2 is a 3D production and rendering app for Windows. Which basically means that, having created your animation and specified where the light is coming from, the program adjusts every frame of your movie to create the desired effects. OK, it actually does a lot more than that, but you get the basic idea.
Typically, such programs are used in big-budget productions on very powerful computers. Which is why the software itself is rarely cheap. Until now.

Studio GPU, the company behind Mach Studio Pro, has decided that it wants to "shake up the market". And so, a couple of weeks ago, it reduced the price of its product from $3,999 to $0. Yup, the full program is now freeware.
While it's tempting to try out the program for the sheer fun of playing with something that used to cost $4,000, be aware that you'll need a pretty fast PC and graphics card to make the most of it. And with the download running to some 504 MB, you'll need an internet connection that can cope.
If you're still intrigued, head to www.studiogpu.com.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
even though it was supposedly posted, thank you for this. i most likely will not be able to use it, as i don't have any idea how to do any animation, however, i am downloading it right now because i would like to have it while it is free

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanthekid;14167116
Could you point out the range of the hardware needed?
Technical Requirements
Operating System:
Microsoft Windows 7 - 32 bit or 64 bit
Microsoft Windows Vista Business (with DirectX 11) - 32 bit or 64 bit (SP1 or higher)
Hardware Minimum Requirements:
Intel Pentium 4 or higher, AMD Athlon 64, or AMD Opteron processor
2 GB RAM
2 GB of available disk space
1 GB DirectX 11 compliant video card (tested w/ ATI and NVIDIA)
DVD-ROM drive
Hardware Recommended System:
Intel Core 2 Extreme, AMD Phenom X4, or higher
4 GB RAM (for 32-bit OS), 8 GB RAM (for 64-bit OS)
2 GB DirectX 11 compliant video card
Three-button mouse
DVD-ROM drive

·
Banned
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Dolans
View Post

Jesus 8GB of RAM and a 2GB DX11 card. Lordy.

Hardware Minimum Requirements:
Intel Pentium 4 or higher, AMD Athlon 64, or AMD Opteron processor
2 GB RAM
1 GB DirectX 11 compliant video card (tested w/ ATI and NVIDIA)
DVD-ROM drive

Saying DX 11 ("software") can't run on a DX 10 card is like saying a Dual Core can't run on Windows 7

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xvengence
View Post

Watch, they're going to throw a price on it once more people start using it. Marketing ftw.

even though i have no use for it, i grabbed it. the extent of my animation skill and determination is with ALICE. free super easy animation tool, its an acronym for something

·
Registered
133 Posts
I downloaded it. Just in case it ever requires payment for it. I don't think I will ever use it though I don't have many plans to go into animation let along 3D animation.

·
sɪɴɢɪɴɢ ɢᴏᴅᴅᴇss
3,366 Posts
Download, burn to disk, sell for $3000 with a promotion sign saying $1000 or 25% off?!

brb...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts