Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Excited, so much want a 4090, and I'll probably get one, launch October 12
Over 16k cuda cores
2-3x RT performance compared to 3090ti

:love:

·
Official Luddite of OCN
6,167 Posts
Not sure whats exciting when a cut down 12gb 4080 starts at $900? The 12gb model will be cut down aside from vram, too. They glossed over power use as well.

They cant even sell their current stock but raised prices even more, lol.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Man, those prices seem high asf…

·
H₂O Aficionado
5,467 Posts
I thought 3000 series would see a price cut when they started to show the 3060, 3070, and 3080 on screen... well that was probably the biggest trolling of all time. Kudos Nvidia.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
5090 will be 2-3x 4090.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Like why even mess around just send that 4090 to 1999 already people will pay anything as long as you show big ass green graphs going through the clouds.

Reality is the 4080 models will be the more realistic cards for enthusiasts gamers. Did they say a launch date for 12 and 16gb models??

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The only thing that seems to be worth something is the 4090, power usage probably through the roof do...

·
H₂O Aficionado
5,467 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Meh - DLSS 3.0 doesn't seem all the convincing and they can renege that after sales decline. Don't buy into it.
Wouldn't the concern for the 2000 and 3000 series be devs no longer supporting DLSS 2.x and only implementing 3.0 in games?

·
Official Luddite of OCN
6,167 Posts
AMD really has an easy oppurtunity here, push efficiency and price. With the cost of electricity these days that alone will sell cards as long as performance is in the same ballpark and priced properly. Even if AMD only matches 30 series RT performance but raster is still great it's an easy sell IMO.

$900 for a cut down 4080 card with only 12gb when the 1080ti has 11gb.... lol.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wouldn't the concern for the 2000 and 3000 series be devs no longer supporting DLSS 2.x and only implementing 3.0 in games?
Nvidia being nvidia...

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
AMD realky has an easy oppurtunity here, push efficiency and price. With the cost of electricity these days that alone will sell cards as long as performance is in the same ballpark amd priced properly. Even if AMD only matches 30 series RT performance but raster is still great its an easy sell IMO.

$900 for a cut down 4080 card with only 12gn when the 1080ti with 11gb.... lol.
That looks more like a 4070 lol, those cut down cuda cores are brutal.

·
H₂O Aficionado
5,467 Posts
Not anytime soon. Most developers work with standard, baseline hardware. Even considering RTX hardware, I am confident studios won't load up their workstations with 4090's and 4080's considering the cost. Maybe when the 4070 launches next year at a more reasonable price.

You also have competitors providing open solutions like FSR2.0 and the Intel one. It'll be too much of a burden on most devs.

Edit: If you also look at this slide (I googled DLSS 3.0), you'll see existing games (and engines) will support it but it shouldn't be exclusively 3.0. Otherwise, users who have 20 series and 30 series would lose DLSS features in games like Cyberpunk. Don't get me wrong, I am sure Nvidia will pay some studios to exclusively use 3.0, as per ol' Nvidia tricks but don't get caught up in the hype. I wouldn't be surprised if Portal RTX is one of them.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Darkness Art

1 - 20 of 541 Posts