Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Edit it's a 50" not 55 sorry.

Both tvs are vizio, I just can't decide which to get. I have a 980 but don't really game on big tvs it's more for movies and some ps4. I game on my monitor since its 144hz.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjrayo18 View Post

Edit it's a 50" not 55 sorry.

Both tvs are vizio, I just can't decide which to get. I have a 980 but don't really game on big tvs it's more for movies and some ps4. I game on my monitor since its 144hz.
I dont think a single 980 will be able to run a 55" 4K TV, unless the games you are planning to play arent graphically intensive. But since you are just watching movies and dont need it for gaming, I'd choose the 4K TV, you'll notice a big difference between 1080p and 4K, even if you're loosing 7" of screen space.

·
To The Game
7,666 Posts
I have that 43" Vizio. Really nice TV. Great contrast, no clouding or light bleed.

Only issue computer wise that I can think of is it does not support 4:4:4 chroma @60Hz. This should only be an issue if you're going to use it as a main monitor.

I am switching mine out for that 40" Philips 4k monitor, but, I'm using mine as a monitor. I'm going to move that Vizio to my bedroom since I fell in love with it. It's a killer TV for the price, hell, even more because of it having full array backlighting (28 zones). Just make sure to not use the localized dimming in games (adds input lag), and calibrate it up.

Oh, and the tv's built in smart apps (such as Netflix) work great. Ultra responsive.

Dang screen looks like it's off on an all black screen.

Games look amazing also...

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
I prefer 4K with settings turned down over 1080p maxed. Just saying.... Especially now that half the games released don't support proper AA, 1080p is dead to me. You just can't get rid of the jaggies in many titles.

55" 1080p looks awful on the desktop by the way. I used a flagship Sony TV as a monitor for about 2 years with that same PPI. You can get use to it, but now that we have 4K I see no point.

·
Premium Member
20,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyReZar View Post

Definitely go with 4K over 1080p, can always reduce resolution to 1080p if you want!
^this BUT not 1080. Go to 1440 at least.

·
WaterCooling Enthusiast
395 Posts
With the recent price drops there really is no reason to buy a 1080p. 4k is the way to go. Vizio makes a very good tv. The M series is better than the D.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts