Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Old to Overclock.net
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's phone broke today, fell just right and no longer works.

I have been spoiled for the last 6 years. She fell in love with the pixel line and that is what she has been rocking since 2016-2017. Started with the original Pixel, then 3a, and finally 5a. Went to best buy to buy one and to my surprise the Google 6a does not come with a damn head phone jack. Wife loves it and can't convince her otherwise.

So any good phones around the 450 mark with a comparable camera and headphone jack? And not obnoxiously big.

Thanks

46 Cans of Ravioli
was gonna say just get another 5a but I can't find any that aren't either refurb or locked 馃槩

Sony Experia 10 IV or Samsung Galaxy A32?

• Rep+
Reactions: gtz

Premium Member
I went back home last month and my cell did not work well using Verizon, so i went to Target and bought a Moto G Stylus 2021 for $300. Not the best but it has phone jack. The charging port is C type and works with C type earphone jack as well.

Registered
The Moto is a great option, Galaxy A52S 5G also great. Basically the best phone you can buy with a headphone jack.

• Rep+
Reactions: gtz

Overclocking Enthusiast
Just get a usb-c to 3.5mm adapter.

Old to Overclock.net
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you guys for the suggestions.

Going to see if she likes the One Plus N20, currently 200 bucks locally or go ahead and grab the 6a with the dongle.

H鈧侽 Aficionado
Just get the phone you want and a dongle.

I鈥檝e had two OnePlus鈥. I use my phone for work, calls , MS Teams, and emails daily. One and X, X being my favourite but didn鈥檛 hold up well after a couple years. Battery went to crap quickly and support was very short. I would not recommend.

I鈥檓 using the IphoneSE (2020) with an adapter. Nearly 3 years, no issue and it was cheap. Wife has the 12 mini. Even cheaper. Both phones were around $300-400 CAD.

Stick with Pixel if you鈥檙e in that ecosystem. Otherwise, go iPhone IMO.

Old to Overclock.net
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys!!!

I just went ahead and ordered a new 6a and a dongle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts