Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've finally got my 4670k past 4.5Ghz and it seems stable at 4.6 but temps are creeping on the Tj Max should I be worried? (I honestly don't care if I lower my lifespan from 10 to 5 years) I know people running the stock cooler are also getting close to where I am...

·
Premium Member
27,524 Posts
Welcome to OCN.

I would not run it that hot. Sounds like your airflow could use some improvement but we need to know what your system is to be of much help.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Case - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 Mobo- Asrock z87m extreme 4 cpu- 4670k Cpu Cooler - Thermaltake Nic C4. I'm using positive airflow from back to front because my cpu cooler is push and pull toward the front of the case.

·
Premium Member
27,524 Posts
Any component that is working is generating heat. CPU and GPU generate the most. Check out second link in my sig to get a general Idea of how air cooling works.

My sig rig is similar case to yours and my temps are never more than 50c with all cores 95-100%.. fans run maximum of 950-1050rpm and idle 700rpm

·
Premium Member
27,524 Posts
No problem. If you have any questions just ask.
thumb.gif

Someone who used newer CPUs than I needs to answer that question.
biggrin.gif

• Rep+
Reactions: LRDiscovery

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got home and reseated my cooler, put the Nanoxia fans on the cooler and put the high pressure thermaltakes as exhaust running about 20c cooler!!! Thanks so much!!!!!

·
Premium Member
27,524 Posts
My guess is we could get your temps down another 10c.
wink.gif

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also messing with voltages so I can get some lower temps and it looks like I got a great 4670k seeing as most can't get past 4.4ghz with watercooling

1 - 14 of 14 Posts