Registered
834 Posts
I'd go 4.7ghz.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoogie View Post

without fpu test i mean, when i set 1.25 volts in bios its actually 1.264, and 1.255 = 1.28. ;o lol aida64 doesnt stress it much at all , like 20-25 degrees under max, should i run prime with blend tests even tho fpu volts may increase way too high due to adaptive mode?
I'd just run it at this speed and volts for a week or so. I'm not a fan of hrs upon hrs of stress testing just to get it perfectly stable. You just need it stable enough to do everything you want it to do.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood78 View Post

I'd just run it at this speed and volts for a week or so. I'm not a fan of hrs upon hrs of stress testing just to get it perfectly stable. You just need it stable enough to do everything you want it to do.
cool ill do that thanks for the replies, imma change bios to 1.26 anyway, since that wont effect the volts, since i think any value between 1.255 and 1.265 will end up as 1.28 in cpu-z anyway on load.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Prime is stupid run IBT at maximum stress level for 10 runs....if you pass that without any crashing or BSOD's you are stable.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dctr View Post

Prime is stupid run IBT at maximum stress level for 10 runs....if you pass that without any crashing or BSOD's you are stable.
It really depends. Best bet is to use both to stress test. Prime95 will catch things IBT won't, and vice-versa. Neither is better than the other in terms of sheer stress testing.

@OP: I say go with the 4.7GHz OC. 83*C is fine. Could be better, but I could also be wealthier.
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dctr View Post

Wrong! Prime95 is the stability test, IBT tests heat and gives a feel for initial voltage but that's about it.

I've passed 50 runs of IBT Maximum only to fail Prime95 in the first hour. Stable is a term used too loosely around here. Run 24 hours of Prime95 unless you never do anything important on your PC.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoogie View Post

so is it ok to run prime95 with adaptive mode and balanced power setting on? u know cpu BLK+Volt throttling, does adaptive increase voltage for fpu operations, in other words is it safe to stress test with adaptive on
It is, a lot of SB-E users overlcock with an offset. I do, and don't have a problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts