Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My system runs great, and I have no issues, but the temps bother me anyway.

System is,

Intel Core i7 4770K 3.8Ghz Stock with H100i.
Asus Maximus VI GENE
32GB 1600Mhz RAM
780TI 3GB
Corsair 350D MicroATX Case
500GB SSD
3x 27" 2560x1440 Monitors at 96hz

Now my average temperature, this is days running the system, nothing extreme, browser, steam open, monitoring apps, a few other regular apps, my CPU sits between 32C and 40C.

To me that seems high, for a water cooled system. Am I wrong?

How do you know? As I assume, depending on your fan layout, the case, room temperture, it varies from person to person. So how exactly do you find out if it runs hot, and find out what is causing it?

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Nah. Those temps are fine. What I would consider abnormal is temperatures above 70°C while gaming. or idle temperature of 40°C.

Hot days will obviously increase your overall temperatures. An ideal fan layout is intake from front and exhaust from back. Room temperature / ambient temperature would give you a indication of what CPU temperatures you should get. For example: Your room temperature is 23°C.

What I can gather from this is that: Your CPU temperature will not go under the room temperature unless you're running under dry ice / LN2 and etc exotic cooling. I wouldn't worry about those temperatures if I was you.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmancreations View Post

My system runs great, and I have no issues, but the temps bother me anyway.

System is,

Intel Core i7 4770K 3.8Ghz Stock with H100i.
Asus Maximus VI GENE
32GB 1600Mhz RAM
780TI 3GB
Corsair 350D MicroATX Case
500GB SSD
3x 27" 2560x1440 Monitors at 96hz

Now my average temperature, this is days running the system, nothing extreme, browser, steam open, monitoring apps, a few other regular apps, my CPU sits between 32C and 40C.

To me that seems high, for a water cooled system. Am I wrong?

How do you know? As I assume, depending on your fan layout, the case, room temperture, it varies from person to person. So how exactly do you find out if it runs hot, and find out what is causing it?
27-35c idle for me, unless it's a really hot or really cold day, and i have a closed loop liquid cooler too except with a smaller radiator than the H100i. Also, as said above, you can't expect idle temps to go below the room temp.

Run a benchmark like Prime or IBT, become more concerned with those load temps and stability.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts