Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, i've replaced the stock Intel TIM between DIE and IHS with Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut.
I got a maximum Temp of 52 C on one core after 45min Small FFT in Prime 95 v.26.6.

No Overclock, all stock @4.2 ghz @1.168v

Water cooling setup:
- Ekwb xe 360
- Push 3x Silent wings 3 PWM 120mm @ 1200 rpm
- D5 PWM @ 2800 rpm
- Ekwb Supremacy Evo

Is that normal or could it be better?
What temps do you got?

·
Overclocking
9,248 Posts
No 4790k owners here??
4690k owner. Before my Tim my cores temp offset was max 8c different. After the replacement of liquid metal each core seems to be 1-2c off.

With 1.35vcore, 1.2vcache, 1.8vinput, sa 1.2v (for high memory speeds)

I was hitting 70c+ prime95 fma3 (avx) with 8 to 32768k test.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

·
Overclocking
9,248 Posts
Ok thanks
43 to 46 could be not enough pressure on one side or paste hasn't spread evenly all over.

Although it's not much of a issue unless your hitting temp of 99c where throttling happens (99c core0 while 1,2,3 are 96c) and downclock happens.

Do you have pictures of the delidding??

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'd try and overclock considering your radiator setup. Looking at numbers with a 360mm and stock voltage isn't really an accurate assessment of cooling capability imo. 50c is obviously fine but you aren't anywhere near in utilizing your radiator fans etc or even hitting any thermal limits. That is what OCN and K processors are for :) Good luck!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Unknownm
Yeah i've got some pics.
I just wanna make sure to have proper temps as low as possible before i try to overclock
@gabeomatic
Yeah thats right, it's pointless to have such a cooling setup without overclocking the cpu

I have just tried a second run for about an hour at same fan speed and the highest temperature on one core went down to 50 C.

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi!!! i Recently delided my cpu . I Didnt't applied Liquid metal because i didnt want to take the risk damaging it ! i used Mastergel nano maker on the die i got low temps Before i was hitting like 100c under load on core 0 . I can't get it stable at 4.5 ghz 1.25V i Crash on OCCT but 1hr Aida 64 and Realbench i am fine :/

·
Overclocking
9,248 Posts
I've just tried another run @4,5ghz default by UEFI vid @1.25v, well a bit too high but still below 1.35v.
The highest core is @ 57 C
57c is good. I would try avx prime95 to see what temp you can get up to

·
Dream Chaser
3,765 Posts
@Unknownm
Yeah i've got some pics.
I just wanna make sure to have proper temps as low as possible before i try to overclock

@gabeomatic
Yeah thats right, it's pointless to have such a cooling setup without overclocking the cpu

I have just tried a second run for about an hour at same fan speed and the highest temperature on one core went down to 50 C.
Not sure if its just me but that silicone looks pretty gooped on. All the videos I have watched its a pretty thin layer. I wonder if the excessive amount is keep you from getting good contact and therefore raising the temps. Just a thought.

·
Mmmm donuts.....
637 Posts
Your temps are fine, i7s were notorious for running hot. If it helps, my 4690k i5 would run at 43°C under realbench running it bare die with liquid metal. I noticed that after my first application my temps weren't too good. I added a bit more liquid metal and it was fine. If the GPU is also on your setup then temps are bound to be high with a single 360mm rad too don't forget that. Everyone uses unrealistic programs that stress test the cpu in a condition it would never see (maybe 1% of overclocker.net users might reach stress test temps), otherwise just use it as you normally would and measure that temp. Max temp of 53°C is perfectly fine and not an issue, look more at your average temp.

·
Overclocker
11,643 Posts
Sth is wrong ! The package power is too high ! Do u know how i can fix that ? the Cpu is supposed to be 88W has anyone experienced OC with the same Motherboard ? I have disabled all states and EIST btw and Turbo only set the MP to X45 and use Vcore 1.265 i Dont use Offset voltage .
What are you talking about? 88W is a wanna be specification for a light workload on the CPU. The quad cores have no problem to peak even over 200W and run continuous 150W. Look at real world measurements not the silly manufacturer specs. Especially OCed with higher voltages the power efficiency goes to hell and power consumption up up up.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Update:
Bios default VID for 4.7ghz is 1.256v.
LLC on auto.
I've pushed the CPU to 4.7ghz @1.241v, Offset of -0.010
IDLE 0.7v
LOAD 1.241v
Stable after 30min Prime95 v.26.6, 1344k run.
The max temp reached out to 56 C on one core.
U are good to Go! Your chip seems better than mine ! on 1.24 i can't stable it even on 4.5 :/ maybe the liquid pro did the job!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts