Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
PC Evangelist
47,499 Posts
Thats very good. What cooler are you using?

·
PC Gamer
1,163 Posts
Im seeing in your pic 85-86c on a couple cores. Which is a bit to rich for my blood. Sure it wont hit that high in anything else...but still a bit to much for my liking.

·
Premium Member
10,824 Posts
Looks good, but I probably wouldn't go any higher until you get better cooling. Compare with other's in the spreadsheet available in the Stable club
smile.gif

Vcore set to 1.22 and you're getting 1.35v? massive vrise, are you using Extreme LLC? take it down a notch and increase the vcore to 1.35v or thereabouts.

·
Just another nerd
5,905 Posts
Looks like a decent chip, about the same as the 2500K I helped my friend OC recently.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by munaim1 View Post

Looks good, but I probably wouldn't go any higher until you get better cooling. Compare with other's in the spreadsheet available in the Stable club
smile.gif
This, your processor is at the t-case temperature (72 C) right now. I wouldn't push farther until you can get cooler, but with decent cooling you should be able to get 5 GHz.

·
Not New to OCN
1,750 Posts
We must have pretty close chips. I can get 4.8 @1.34, highest I've gone is 5.25, not stable, but enough to do like super pi
biggrin.gif
. I paid $65 for my h50 and it keeps it nice and cool.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Looks like a pretty good chip as long as it stays stable.

·
OG AMD
8,954 Posts
NZXT Havik 140 is perfect for you ,comes with 2 decent fans,clearance for RAM slots,leaves VRM's open to air as well as actually blowing air over them the way the fans are situated.It's a lot narrower than the Noctua.

·
Premium Member
15,117 Posts
Looks like a good chip..I wouldn't push it higher until/unless you get better ccooling..like something along the lines of a raystorm block...
umm..you could disable 2 cores and get a little headroom if you want to see how high it will go.Possibly even max it and still stay under "deadly" temps

·
Premium Member
8,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Okay I bought the Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 so that should tackle the temps.

Also I forgot to update my specs but I installed a Capstone 750w PSU right before I started overclocking.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts