Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just flashed the BIOS on my MSI 4850 and problems occured on restart.
The card will POST and get into windows with the screen flashing and then after about 20 seconds BSOD.
I used RBE to modify the BIOS, I didn't change any clock values or voltages but just enabled the CCC override hack.
I also flashed from RBE, which I now know was stupid but I have used it in the past and it has worked fine.
I have no idea how to flash the BIOS back since I can't run windows and I have no USB drive to boot DOS from.
I have an extra pcie card (nvidia) that I put in my top slot and moved the 4850 to the bottom, and tried to see if I could flash it that way, but winflash doesnt recognize the 4850.
So what are my options?

·
Registered
68 Posts
RBE should recognize both cards once installed. Just put the bricked one on the bottom, and go into RBE. Then, select the bricked card, and flash it with the winflash extension. I had to do the exact thing once with a few 3870's...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well thats the problem, RBE isnt recognizing the card.
Also, I just tried putting the 4850 back in and booted to another version of windows (xp 64bit) that has no drivers installed and windows ran fine, but as soon as I installed drivers on that partition the same issues came up.
So that led me to believe it was a driver issue, so I put my nvidia card back in and booted into Vista (my primary OS) and uninstalled all ATI drivers, took the nvidia card out and put the 4850 back in and I still have the same problems..
what in the world is going on?

·
PC Evangelist
47,740 Posts
CCC overdrive hack did not work for me so have to flash it back to normal.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand that I need to flash it back to normal. I have a backup file and everything. I just need to know how I am supposed to flash the card if it is not being recognized? And I can't get a DOS boot disk to work for the life of me.
I don't understand how I am to mount the DOS .iso on a cd and then add the ATIFlash and BIOS files to it. I tried burning the .iso without it finalizing and I still can't add ATIFlash or BIOS files.
Does anyone have any really detailed instructions on how to do that? I have found some guides on the net but I can't find any that are very detailed. This would be much appreciated
Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts