Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Getting a 4850x2 shortly, the 1GB version (so 512MB basically).

I was wondering if anybody has run this setup before in a triple Crossfire? If so, how's it work? And is there any noticeable gain?

Thanks guys.
Haven't had an ATi since an x400 or 500 or something like that, so, been a while.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,832 Posts
tri-fire performance gains are great! also the unmatched crossfire scaling is great and performance gains are great.
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: Sacre

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,383 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by bumsoil
View Post

tri-fire performance gains are great! also the unmatched crossfire scaling is great and performance gains are great.

and gains and ati amd great, and leet and great and holy ****, trifirelol. 8]
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: LuckySe7ens

·
Banned
Joined
·
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:


Originally Posted by bumsoil
View Post

tri-fire performance gains are great! also the unmatched crossfire scaling is great and performance gains are great.


Quote:


Originally Posted by Xinoxide
View Post

and gains and ati amd great, and leet and great and holy ****, trifirelol. 8]


Quote:


Originally Posted by LuckySe7ens
View Post

Literally LoL'ed

I am... confused...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,383 Posts
you will notice great gains, it wont be a whole 50% over a 4850X2, but it will be much closer to that 50% than say a tripple-silly setup
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: Sacre

·
Banned
Joined
·
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xinoxide View Post
you will notice great gains, it wont be a whole 33% over a 4850X2, but it will be much closer to that 33% than say a tripple-silly setup

Haha, alright, thanks. I'll probably wait a couple weeks.

Also, think a OCZ GameXstreme 700w PSU would handle a 4850x2 + 4850? I've heard the 4850x2 can pull as much as 422W under full load - that's leaving 378W for everything else, plus another 4850. (Which I assume would be half?)

Please correct me if I'm wrong?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,832 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xinoxide View Post
and gains and ati amd great, and leet and great and holy ****, trifirelol. 8]
ha. sorry i am tired and sick...
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top