Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so for my sig rig mods i am thinking about painting the heat sink cover black what do you guys think? i saw bill owen do it on one of his mods and well i wamt to do it too. and well any advice on how to do it and will it affect temperatures? pros cons anyone?

·
Premium Member
6,318 Posts
I doubt your temps will be affected.
If you do it right at least. I think that it would look cool.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contagion
View Post

I doubt your temps will be affected.
If you do it right at least. I think that it would look cool.

i hope it looks cool i am just not to sure on how to do it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tNok85
View Post

The plastic cover over your card? It won't affect it at all. If you mean the heatsink itself, the metal, it most likely will.

Double post btw.. http://www.overclock.net/ati-cooling...help-fast.html

yes the plastic cover not the heat sink if i paint the heatsink that would be suicide for the card. i just want to paint the actual red plastic. although i might have to get another one from some one else in case i need to RMA some day or something.

yeah i wasnt sure were to post the question so i just posted it twise should i delete the other one? and if so how do i do that?

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
If it makes you happy do it but you void your warranty then. So if your card dies then you lost out repair for a $1.99 can of paint.

·
Registered
647 Posts
If you do what I said with the vinyl, it will probably look as good or better. If you have problems with your card and need to send it back, just peel it off and no one will know.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
See if you can do a photoshop signature design and vinyl that on. If you don't have photoshop, get it. I think it's really easy to use. Or just peruse the signature forums for someone that could make one for you. Better than just painting it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts