Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two HIS 4890s in cross fire and want to be able to leverage the HD audio capabilities of this card. I have a dedicated sound card (See Sig Rig) Can I link my sound card and Video cards up so that the output from the Sound card goes out via the GPU allowing me to then use a DVI --> HDMI connection to my TV to get better quality audio?

·
I might have tacos tonite
22,339 Posts
The sound going out through the HDMI on your video card will be perfect, the sound card will be useless then. The 4890 will support audio out with a DVI to HDMI adapter.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy9000
View Post

The sound going out through the HDMI on your video card will be perfect, the sound card will be useless then. The 4890 will support audio out with a DVI to HDMI adapter.

So would it be fair to say that when using the HDMI connection the system will automatically use the Audio comming from the GPU then when I switch back to my regular monitor it will then use the Sound card?

In some circumstances I will be using headphones and others I will be using HDMI audio. Im thinking it would be a matter of changing settings perhaps?

·
I might have tacos tonite
22,339 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by iscariot
View Post

So would it be fair to say that when using the HDMI connection the system will automatically use the Audio comming from the GPU then when I switch back to my regular monitor it will then use the Sound card?

In some circumstances I will be using headphones and others I will be using HDMI audio. Im thinking it would be a matter of changing settings perhaps?

You will have to go into the control panel then go to sound options and switch the default device.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts