Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my fan is done on my 4890. a fin broke off thanks to my stupidity. What is the cheapest aftermarket cooler for this card. I am more concerned about price than cooling. Just something as good as stock. thanks

·
Premium Member
6,318 Posts
This is really good.
But, it is a bit pricey.
You should really give a price point. It would be easier to help out because "cheap" could mean a whole different thing between people.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: black6

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by black6 View Post
Do you think it is better than the 4 heat pipe stock cooler?
oh yeah absolutely.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Its hard to beat the Stock cooling at 50% fan speed. I would look for a used stock cooler if you want cheap. Otherwise, the Thermalright Trad2 with the VRM cooler would be a good combo, that will cost you about $90 though. Pick up a scythe mustachi or AC Twin turbo, and use the stock plate, that will run you about $50.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mxthunder View Post
Its hard to beat the Stock cooling at 50% fan speed. I would look for a used stock cooler if you want cheap. Otherwise, the Thermalright Trad2 with the VRM cooler would be a good combo, that will cost you about $90 though. Pick up a scythe mustachi or AC Twin turbo, and use the stock plate, that will run you about $50.
That's where the problem comes in. I got a XFX POS 4890. It isn't the ref cooler and it doesn't have the holes to mount the ref cooler.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts