Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've struggled for work this last year and I'm doing supply teaching now, so I find it hard to justify buying things I don't really 'need'. I got got my 4890 what, two years ago now? Just over two years ago I think, and its still bloody going.

How can I make a case to the other half for a 6950 when the 4890 spanks BC2 for 60FPS on nearly max, WOW for 60FPS on totally max, it did fine with APB, AVP, black ops has never been bellow 60FPS on max.

I'm running these at 1920x1080 as well, with a second monitor going.

So, anyone else still got one of these warriors? Anything coming up that will be to much for this card?

Only thing I've found is metro, which still runs fine on med/high.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Ya man! I'm doing 60FPS+ on all the games I play. Left 4 dead 1&2, spiderman: SD, killing floor, battlefield bad company, call of duty Black ops... Etc.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
The new crisis is likely to test it. Old Crises certainly tested my Vapor-x 4890 when I had it.

I get my new tech by telling my wife "its my hobby". I suggested I could take up golf instead as a hobby, spend just as much money, but be out of the house most evenings and weekends in the summer playing golf.

She decided that a hobby where she could keep an eye on me was preferable.

This could backfire though if they actually want you out of the house.....

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
My first good card was a 4890. I thought it was a great card. I replaced it with a 5850, I dont remember the 5850 being that much better that the 4890. It is still a good card in my book.

·
Turd Burglar
2,148 Posts
I've only had my 5850 in my system for less than a year but that's because I put my old GTX260 in my gf's computer when I built it. I really don't see a need to upgrade, I just overclock my card and viola insta 5870 performance
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
4890 For The Win!! I still have my Vapor-X playing BFBC2, WoW, LoL, etc. at 55-60 FPS. Great card and I still don't know when i'll be getting rid of it.

Hopefully never I love it. XD

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
i just got my second 4850! both work great i haven't had much chance to game on the 512mb one i just got. i plan on using my 4850 on my next plat form witch might probably be bulldozer. let alone a 4890.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts