Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got my new (post RMA) E8400 in and re-cleaned (see some of my other posts). I've just hit 4ghz at 1.21v as reported in cpu-z (1.25 in bios). Running about an hour stable on Prime95. This seems like a really low voltage, and I'm thinking I've gotten a great chip (other than it reporting 103c for the CPU temp to the bios-grrr). Is a common 4ghz voltage for the E0 chips?

·
Registered
504 Posts
usually 1.21v is enought to run at stock let alone 4ghz, also the temp on the E8400 are messed up, one program reports them as core 0 32 and core 1 35 and for my otherprogram it reads it as core 0 27 and core 1 as 30

·
Overclock? What?
3,240 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by donthaveacow View Post
usually 1.21v is enought to run at stock let alone 4ghz, also the temp on the E8400 are messed up, one program reports them as core 0 32 and core 1 35 and for my otherprogram it reads it as core 0 27 and core 1 as 30
The idles on them are usually inacurrate but the loads are correct.

To the OP: That is great you should be good for 4.3-4.4 at that low of voltage. My chip ran stable at 4.1ghz on stock 1.225vcore so you should be able to crank that bad boy. So far it sounds like you have a golden chip.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I'm thinking. I want to hug myself and maybe do a little victory dance. So far I'm seeing idle temps of 40C and load temps of about 58C on a Noctua cooler. I'm working on lowering the voltage to see how far I can get that down before I look at going further. When the motherboard was set to auto voltage at stock speeds I was running at about 1.14v as reported by cpu-z.

·
Intel Overclocker
266 Posts
Man wish I had a better E8400. Was able to do 4.0 @ 1.325 and even then it failed OCCT with a couple of minutes to go.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Bleh, took 1.32v for my E8400 C0 to hit 4GHz, and 1.34 to get it stable. Gotta look into getting one of the E0 revisions especially since the prices have started to come down.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyroo89
View Post

pics or it didn't happen.

Let me finalize the tuning and I'll get some shots up. This is a seriously great chip. I'm tempted to go for 4.3 or 4.5, but don't want to smoke my mobo.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortimer Snerd
View Post

Let me finalize the tuning and I'll get some shots up. This is a seriously great chip. I'm tempted to go for 4.3 or 4.5, but don't want to smoke my mobo.

You wont smoke your mobo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts