Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my i7 930 today from micro center on an absolute steal of $200.

popped it into my Bloodrage and booted her up. Everthing is running just fantastic.
I got a chip from batch 3001A125 in case anyone was wondering.
The VID on this chip is nice and low, only 1.152v under prime95 blend:

With a VID that good, I know this chip can hit 4.0 no problem.
I have overclocked many rigs in the past, but X58 is really mystifying me.
I picked up P55 in no time, but there are so many voltages and multi's that im really confused.

I tried booting at 4.0 with 191x21 using 1.3v on the CPU.
I also had the lowest multipliers for QPI and RAM and the last one i forget the name.
I bumped the QPI volts a bit, the IOH core a few notches, and set the RAM up correctly.

If anyone has any tips or settings I should try, please post!!

thanks

·
Premium Member
4,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anyone?

·
Registered
433 Posts
To be honest your VID isn't all that low. But you should still have no problem hitting 4.0. That is one of the best batch #s so far with the 930s.

21x 193
QPI- 36x
Uncore- 18x
Ram- 8x
IOH and ICH 1.2v
Vcore around-1.275-1.325v
LLC Enabled
C1E, EIST- disabled
Ram-1.64v
QPI-1.325v ish
CPU PLL-1.88v
Leave everything else on auto for the time being. After you find that you are stable lower 1 voltage at a time until you get a crash then bump it back up a time or 2. With some voltages X58 one voltage may affect another, such as lowering the CPU PLL too much will cause you to have to raise Vcore and QPI. It's easy to get stable but time consuming to get it tweaked to find the lowest voltages. Be sure to write down everything you change so you can have it as a reference. You will get some crashes and BSODs but that what this forum is for. Good luck!

·
4kfan
4,228 Posts
only a few important things you need to know.. there are many many many guilds out there by the way specialy on this website.

but the first thing is that your Vtt voltage has to be withing 5v of your memory.. your memory does not have to be at 1.65 like intel says. if you need to bump your memory to 1.7 or 1.80 make sure that your vtt is at least 1.34. other than that you need to start bumping voltages to get stability. i7s are safe up to 1.50v they can take a beating and they can run up to 80c. i like to my vcore under 1.45 but thats just me.. i also like to keep temps under 70c.
by the way cool your voltage regulator because it will get very hot specialy after bumping voltage. i wish i could see what your bios looked like.. if you dont mind posting a template.

• Rep+
Reactions: wumpus

·
Premium Member
4,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright thanks for all of the help guys.
I will try these settings now.

Quote:
i wish i could see what your bios looked like.. if you dont mind posting a template.

I might take pics later if im not too lazy...

EDIT: I have no 36x multi on the QPI, and my QPI voltage is somehow missing from the bios....
anyone with a bloodrage know where that badboy is hiding?
also, i cannot even get a post at 4.0.

·
Premium Member
4,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alright well I have got my CPU inder water now, and am really hungry for a good healthy OC.

I am stuck at a BCLK wall of 180. anything more and it wont boot, even with insane QPI and vcore.

I need help getting to 4!!!

·
Premium Member
4,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

take your mem to the lowest multi.

I have the uncore at x16 and the memory at x8. everything is within spec and I know its not the memory causing problems.

·
Premium Member
4,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Tried simply setting it to 20x200? with a 1.35vcore, and using the other settings Clay333 suggested.

i tried. I even tried 200x12 and that wouldnt boot. so this is obviously a BCLK problem.

·
Premium Member
4,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
does anyone know how high the QPI bus can go on stock volts?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts