Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Even though you do have a 64 bit OS, I dont think the money is worth it right now..If i were you I'd get a sound card and some good speakers.

·
Banned
653 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hvacgaspiping View Post
Upgrade to a better vidcard if you can.
he has the best gfx card

·
Banned
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok so hold off on the RAM and get a good sound card. I gave my old rig to a friend.http://www.overclock.net/jokes-humor...ml#post1471394
I still have a pair of ligitech z-5500 that I have been using with onboard sound...not bad but I need to get another...I had really bad experince with x-fi stuff had to RMA 2 of them. I ended up with an explosion DTS but gave that to my bro with the rest of my old rig.
I was thinking of going with http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/x-meridian.php
unless someone can convince me something else is better

·
Banned
2,708 Posts
I would go with a X-Fi or something along that line, as most games check for creative stuff for the good audio stuff.

·
Premium Member
9,786 Posts
TBH any old sound card will do. I upgraded to an audigy 4 from my onboard.

I dont notice any difference in sound AT ALL. Wth my surround sound headset or my speakers. Its just it takes some load off of your cpu, but with that cpu it doesnt really matter

·
Banned
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can't believe it ..i was just looking through the x-fi on soundblaster's site and correct me if I'm wrong ,but if I want to use the optical input( like I would use any other) on my z-5500's I have to get an x-fi card that has bay mount of a addon device like the elite pro? this would then force to run the optical cable to the front of my case??? this is stupid!! sry to be negitive but ***?

·
Premium Member
9,786 Posts
Never even heard of em. But a sound card isnt really that crucial if you are listen to audio. Maybe if you edit thatw ould be a different story. Go for it if you dont feel comfortabel with X FI. And why would you splash out on a sound card just to mod it? It should meet the needs for that price.

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baran View Post
point taken but I think I might just go with a http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/x-meridian.php
Here is the one problem with going to a non-creative soundcard... You don't get full Open AL support or EAX support... I believe the non-creative cards only support up to EAX 2.0? My card has got EAX 5.0 support. Very nice. I got that front bay it's very nice. :O Also, if your running an analog cable like 3 feet? You won't notice the difference between optical and analog... Anything over 30 feet I would go optical. Just buy some good quality analog cable. IE Monster Cables

-JoeUbi

P.S. All other Creative Products suck except maybe their speakers... I had a Zen Micro when it first came out and it sucked wang.

·
Registered
564 Posts
X-Fi has EAX 5, a big selling point apparently, even though I don't see it myself =)
The Elite Pro I/O console is a nice, external piece of kit. Connects to the back of the card [On the outside of your case] and has a cable about as long as your standard DVI cable. I bought one, and actually find it useful.
~Kahuna

1 - 20 of 24 Posts