Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Philips is releasing a 32 inch 4K VA @120hz with HDMI 2.1 in early 2021, for ~$600 read more here: Source
Waiting for this and maybe the ViewSonic to come out (partial to the Phillips since it's VA instead of IPS).

I think Acer is coming out with a 28" IPS monitor sometime as well.

But yea, no real choices until 2021 at the earliest it seems.

·
Senior OCN Member
39,842 Posts
The LG GN950 is an option but its only a 27 inch so its pretty small

·
Registered
213 Posts
LG is releasing a firmware update as possible as early as next week that will fix some major issues and also upgrade the monitor to 160Hz via the OSD OC option that will be added. The monitor was originally marketed as 160Hz OC, but an issue came up with DSC and Nvidia that has been fixed.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Any OLED or Micro LED coming out, i am willing to spend to have 4k 120hz VRR HDMI 2.1 and HDR 1000+

·
Overclocker
11,636 Posts
Nope, the only OLED I saw was 15.6" laptop panel converted to a portable display, must look epic but the prices are $699 (long gone, all the cheaper options sold out) kickstarter all the way to $1000+ at which point you may as well buy on LG OLED TV at 3x the diagonal size. And it was 4k60 only as far as I remember. Sort of a attempt to compete with ASUS's JOLED Medical OLED panel that costs thousands for kind of no reason other than maybe JOLED sucks at making them in volume to reach acceptable price. Again it's a kickstarter, so who know how it will turn up in reality and to me it's nothing more than a repurposed laptop panel. Plus most people have long moved on past 15" displays for desktop use when CRTs died. But if you want a cheap video camera display for your video work, guess that's what I would use it for as pro grade displays for that cost a fortune from known brands.

MicroLED haha, just how big is your budget...

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Any OLED or Micro LED coming out, i am willing to spend to have 4k 120hz VRR HDMI 2.1 and HDR 1000+
Just wondering (not exactly directed at you), but is 1000 nits overkill for a monitor? Like that seems like eye-searing to me.
I'm with you though, if they release a Micro-LED (or even a FALD with a no jail-bars) with 4K 120hz, HDMI 2.1, and 1000+ nits; I'd probably pre-order it.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
1000 nits just so I can watch HDR content in my office which has a ton of light and game. The 1000 nits will probably only be at 2% window anyways for that pop effect.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
1000 nits just so I can watch HDR content in my office which has a ton of light and game. The 1000 nits will probably only be at 2% window anyways for that pop effect.
That makes a lot more sense. I have like no light in my room when I game and my C6 (not a bright TV in the slightest) was making me squint (OLED light at like 5 or 10 [so probably less than 100nits]).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts