Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just remembered that my mobo, a Asus P4PE has only 4x AGP, since I now have a card that is x8 capable, question is are there games out there, for example Call of Duty 2, take advantage of this????? & if they do would I see a difference of 4x or 8x AGP & what does it really do?????

Dave

·
Banned
182 Posts
MY NAMES DAVE!...lol. anyways i have a mobo with 4x agp and it runs fine, but it dosent take full ad vantage of the power it has. besides pci express owns both of them.. so anyways ifd say you should upgrade ur mobo, but it will most likley run fine

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Some mobos that are agp 4x cannot use an 8x card the voltages will be different and will cause damage

·
Administrator
64,326 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by frostbite
Some mobos that are agp 4x cannot use an 8x card the voltages will be different and will cause damage
Indeed the only other difference between the m is bandwidth obviouslty 8x has a larger bandwidth and therfore os double the speed of 4x but not to worry its not all that noticible.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I never had a problem with my 6200 running in 4x in my old Compaq. The performance decrease is negligable. I mean, like less than 100 3dmark05 score.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts