Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has been looking for one

http://www.evga.com/marketplace/brow...ls.asp?ITM=507

Not sure you all can get to this but its the only eVGA 512MB card I've seen that's not rediculously priced...I wish I could slurge to get it or if it were $750 on the Step-Up but obviously they are Backordered
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,423 Posts
I think anyone who is smart will go for the X1900XT (which is cheaper and beats the 7800GTX 512) or wait for the G71.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,062 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by J3r3my

I think anyone who is smart will go for the X1900XT (which is cheaper and beats the 7800GTX 512) or wait for the G71.

The 7800GTX 512 actually beats it in some benchmarks surprisingly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
219 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by J3r3my

I think anyone who is smart will go for the X1900XT (which is cheaper and beats the 7800GTX 512) or wait for the G71.

got any tlinks to eaither of these items? haven't seen anything on a x1900xt.... or g71
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,269 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Jori

The 7800GTX 512 actually beats it in some benchmarks surprisingly.

Wow benchmarks, lol, the X1900XT smokes any 7800 in games. Only an idiot would buy a 7800GTX for $750 now, when you could get a better card for $200 less. Besides, the new 7900 is better than the 7800GTX and the X1900XT is only about $550 to $600. So answering your first post, nobody wants to buy that 7800. If you do, your not to smart.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,423 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Action Trey!

got any tlinks to eaither of these items? haven't seen anything on a x1900xt.... or g71

The X1900XT and XTX will be out in a couple days and the G71 will be out sometime next month.

And the funny thing is even the X1900XTX is cheaper than the 7800GTX 512.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
219 Posts
found what you meant by g71... its what has already been anounced at the nVidia 7900 =] as for the x1900xt ....who cares? lol jp to you ati guys... but crossfires a joke and even if ati's matching card for the 7800 gtx out preformes it in some benchmarks, once its thrown in an sli board (or crossfire board) it gets slaughtered like a cat in fan...... =P but we'll see what happens in a couple months...-trey
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,062 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Ninja_Boy

Wow benchmarks, lol, the X1900XT smokes any 7800 in games. Only an idiot would buy a 7800GTX for $750 now, when you could get a better card for $200 less. Besides, the new 7900 is better than the 7800GTX and the X1900XT is only about $550 to $600. So answering your first post, nobody wants to buy that 7800. If you do, your not to smart.

Benchmarks = games o_O

http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles...3&id=1808&pg=8

Thats the one game it beats it in, need to get more game results though.. It holds its own though, and no the X1900XT doesnt smoke any 7800 in games as seen in those benchmarks, most of the time the 7800GTX (256) is like 10-15 fps behind or so at higher res's where the extra RAM on the 7800GTX 512 and the X1900XT come in handy. Given im not justifying the 7800GTX 512's price or anything, its just that its not like now that the new cards are coming out they are gonna be beaten like uber-bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,202 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Ninja_Boy

Wow benchmarks, lol, the X1900XT smokes any 7800 in games. Only an idiot would buy a 7800GTX for $750 now, when you could get a better card for $200 less. Besides, the new 7900 is better than the 7800GTX and the X1900XT is only about $550 to $600. So answering your first post, nobody wants to buy that 7800. If you do, your not to smart.

Except if you wanted one (or 2) for SLi. 2 7800GTX 512's will own 2 X1900XT's in Crossfire...at a lower or similar price.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,062 Posts
Err Nightdagger what? The 7800GTX 512 costs more than the X1900XT and the X1900XT is indeed faster in most case's along with crossfire being more efficent the 7800GTX 512's lose.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,423 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Action Trey!

found what you meant by g71... its what has already been anounced at the nVidia 7900 =] as for the x1900xt ....who cares? lol jp to you ati guys... but crossfires a joke and even if ati's matching card for the 7800 gtx out preformes it in some benchmarks, once its thrown in an sli board (or crossfire board) it gets slaughtered like a cat in fan...... =P but we'll see what happens in a couple months...-trey

Not true. 2 X1800XTs beat 2 7800GTX 256s
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:


Originally Posted by J3r3my

Not true. 2 X1800XTs beat 2 7800GTX 256s



How in hell would you know this...there aren't even any master cards out for the X1800XT and the one that were are riddled with bugs just trying to get them to work...post link to back up your stuff or dont say it



http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=OTMwLDQ=

Sorry but I'll take a solid setup in SLI than a prototype ATI Crossfire that..how do I say nicely...is terrible

Quote:


Originally Posted by Jori

Err Nightdagger what? The 7800GTX 512 costs more than the X1900XT and the X1900XT is indeed faster in most case's along with crossfire being more efficent the 7800GTX 512's lose.

Pure ignorance...i'm sorry to be harsh...you really cannot base a technically older core to a newer core...the 512s run off the G70 which is compared to the X1800XT's. The X1900XT is in a whole different ballpark than the X1800XT just like the G70 cores are to the new G71s. The answer and competition to the X1900XT is the 7900GTX which from what I've seen pretty much demolished a 1900XT....also how is crossfire more efficient???

I thought you would know better
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top