Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
1 360 x 45 and 1 480 x 45 should do the job. But one 360, only if you have unholy fan speeds, and even then, it would be an oven.

• Rep+
Reactions: tubs2x4

·
Shooting down fallacies
9,256 Posts
This big enough for 12700k and 3080ti/6900xt?
Any particular rad you are referring to? All rads are not created equal.

Do you have noise concerns? If you do, bigger may not necessarily be better when you start looking at the multi-rad setup you are going to need.

What case is this going in? That is a huge part of the equation.

What is the rest of the loop going to consist of? You can buy all the rads in the world, but you are going to need a pump capable of moving the liquid through them, etc.

my single aio 360mm can't even cool properly my 12700k at 1.3v
The OP is not looking for a CLC. What a CLC is incapable of isn't really relevant.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Do you have noise concerns? If you do, bigger may not necessarily be better when you start looking at the multi-rad setup you are going to need.

What is the rest of the loop going to consist of? You can buy all the rads in the world, but you are going to need a pump capable of moving the liquid through them, etc.

The OP is not looking for a CLC. What a CLC is incapable of isn't really relevant.
Well… noise isn’t that too big of deal.

I was looking at the 54mm thick 360 rad Corsair had on their site. Since standard are what?…30mm avg? It just used for gaming and not trying to get top benchmarks.

Since right now I have a noctua d15 on cpu and Gpu is air also. When gaming all heat is from Gpu. I thought about just a factory hybrid kit for the video card and leave cpu on air.

Say like a 10 min bench like r23 I heat up to 77-81c with air. Cpu fans and case fan curve I set so they are 100% at 70c cpu temp. In the 50c cpu range cpu and case fans at 50%.
In games it jumps around but usually averages 50-60c. But don’t know how much heat is soaking from Gpu below. You can feel the glass is quite warm. If I had a metal panel instead of this glass I would have measured and cut a hole it side and used some sticky foam and matched it to the side exit on Gpu. Exhaust most of that air out of case like that. Just weighing things out to as what I really need.

Case is a cooler master h500. Says it can fit 360 in front and 240 up top.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Calm down.

A clc perform most of the time the same or better than a loop it being proven in the past 10 years.

The rad he suggesting is thicker that all it can handle more heat.

You arent going to cool a 12700k overclocked by itself with any 360mm of any size you want. And adding a 6800 to the loop just make this even worse

·
Shooting down fallacies
9,256 Posts
Calm down.

A clc perform most of the time the same or better than a loop it being proven in the past 10 years.
Oh, boy.....

You believe whatever you need to to get you through the day. But don't share the nonsense with people actually trying to learn.

·
WaterCooler
4,887 Posts
H500 probably not the best case for radiator support. Looks like only one 360 and one 240.

As for radiators, ditch that Corsair rebranded and marked up radiator and just go with the original...Hardware Labs. For the same price as the Corsair rads, which are rebranded Hardware Labs L-series, you can get the better Hardware Labs Nemesis from PPCs. Same cost, better performance. And they come in both thin and thick varieties. I don't know the room you have to work with in that case, but I'd try to fit a thicker GTX rad if it supports it.

Or get a new case with better radiator support.

Or do an external rad if you want to really go nuts with it.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,515 Posts
Use a crap pump and crappy rad and you got worse temp
Going out of your way to build a ****ter CLC doesn’t justify a CLC being just as good as a custom loop.

My PS5 console is just as good as any custom gaming PC out there, here let me compare it to a PC with the worst parts I could find.

As I said, just ****ing total nonsense

·
Shooting down fallacies
9,256 Posts
Well… noise isn’t that too big of deal.

I was looking at the 54mm thick 360 rad Corsair had on their site. Since standard are what?…30mm avg? It just used for gaming and not trying to get top benchmarks.

Since right now I have a noctua d15 on cpu and Gpu is air also. When gaming all heat is from Gpu. I thought about just a factory hybrid kit for the video card and leave cpu on air.

Say like a 10 min bench like r23 I heat up to 77-81c with air. Cpu fans and case fan curve I set so they are 100% at 70c cpu temp. In the 50c cpu range cpu and case fans at 50%.
In games it jumps around but usually averages 50-60c. But don’t know how much heat is soaking from Gpu below. You can feel the glass is quite warm. If I had a metal panel instead of this glass I would have measured and cut a hole it side and used some sticky foam and matched it to the side exit on Gpu. Exhaust most of that air out of case like that. Just weighing things out to as what I really need.

Case is a cooler master h500. Says it can fit 360 in front and 240 up top.
The Corsair rads are actually HWL L-Series rads with the Corsair name slapped on the side. In the US, the markup for that Corsair sticker is steep, around 50%, while in other parts of the world the Corsair version is cheaper. Do some shopping to see what holds true with where you are.

In the H500, you should be able to do the 360mm X7 in the front and 240mm X5 (or the HWL L-Series equivalents) up top. That should be able to cool those components without a problem provided you use good blocks and a D5, MCP50X or full powered DDC.

·
Shooting down fallacies
9,256 Posts
Going out of your way to build a ****ter CLC doesn’t justify a CLC being just as good as a custom loop.

My PS5 console is just as good as any custom gaming PC out there, here let me compare it to a PC with the worst parts I could find.

The fact of the matter is, if you don't know enough about a subject to realize how ludicrous the "proof" you got fooled by is.......you shouldn't be trying to give advice on said subject.

How is "I've never done it but I saw a guy on YouTube do something that supports what I want to believe using parts I have absolutely no knowledge of" a platform to go public with?

·
Registered
19 Posts

The fact of the matter is, if you don't know enough about a subject to realize how ludicrous the "proof" you got fooled by is.......you shouldn't be trying to give advice on said subject.

if you go back to my first reply i said a 360mm is not enough for a 12700k. And that perfectly valid.
Where the part i don't know what am talking about?
A triple thick 360mm would not be better.
And i just proved that my point was valid that a aio or custom perform mostly the same if they have the same thickness video up. You get a bad flowing radiator or a overspeced pump like most of them are and you may end up with a worse performing loop.

·
Shooting down fallacies
9,256 Posts
if you go back to my first reply i said a 360mm is not enough for a 12700k. And that perfectly valid.
Where the part i don't know what am talking about?
A triple thick 360mm would not be better.
And i just proved that my point was valid that a aio or custom perform mostly the same if they have the same thickness video up. You get a bad flowing radiator or a overspeced pump like most of them are and you may end up with a worse performing loop.
The fact that you keep referencing rad thickness isn't helping your credibility here.....

Friendly advice, you have dug yourself into a hole. You have a couple of choices. You can watch more random YT videos, and use their flawed tests as the basis for more posts and dig the hole deeper. Or, you can read what people who have been water-cooling since you were in diapers have to say in this and other forums, and actually try to learn about it. 🤷‍♂️

·
Rig Advisor
4,316 Posts
Bonami, the issue here is that you brought up AIO cooling, when the OP is trying to see if one 360 is "enough". It implies that he is looking to build a custom loop, not use multiple AIOs. 😉

You're catching flak because you brought up the custom vs aio debate and the OP never indicated he was thinking about them. He just wanted to know if a 360 would be enough to cool 600+ watts, which its not, no matter how thick it may be.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I am pretty sure 2X Alphacool UT60 360 rads would work no problem. The 12700k and 3080Ti might run a bit hotter than a 10850K (5.0ghz all cores) and a 3070 Ultra (2000/2100). But those two rads with push/pull, cool the 10850K and 3070 Ultra no prob with both under 100%, load stress testing for 4 hrs. With ambient temp of about 23C, water only gets to 36-38C. That is with fan speed 40-50% and pump at 50% +/-. CPU hits 80C max and GPU hits 55C max. I likely could get even better temps on both if I ditched the EK blocks and went back to HeatKiller blocks.

I also dont use the side cover. For two reasons.
1) I have both rads exhausting. 1 thru the top and one thru the front. I dont care about dust. I care about cooling. I clean ****. Rads get nothing but fresh air. Nothing recycled inside the case.
2) I just like the look of no side panel. I like the open look. I havent ran a side panel in over 10 years.

And to those that believe a CLC will perform as well or better than a properly designed and configured custom loop have been sadly misled. Think about it.

Here is my 10850K/3070 Ultra system. Nothing but fresh air and no obstructions.
Purple Gas Machine Magenta Event

1 - 20 of 46 Posts