Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did post this in folding forum as well but thought I would get more of a response here.. so,

My H50 came today in the mail, man did I underestimate 120mm.

I was pretty sure mounting it wouldn't be a huge issue, it was after all, only a single rad with one 120mm fan, however sure enough my case has NO 120mm mounts, so my next purchase will likely be a storm scout.

Anyways, it's setup and working fine, may not be as esthetically pleasing or quiet as I'd hoped with the side of my case off but it dropped my idle down all the way from 36ish to 21. This let me bump that vcore.. and oh I did.

After a couple hours of tinkering I got her stable at 3.9GHz at 1.535, idling at 27 and under load @ 39. This boosted my PPD significantly, more than I though for only another three hundred mhz. Note: I really really really wanted 4.0GHz stable but I stopped when it BSOD'd Prime95 @ 1.55v.

·
Registered
73 Posts
No need to stop there. 1.55v is the recommended max voltage on air cooling. Not only are you using water cooling, but your temperatures are very low. Voltages are completely relevant to your temperatures. Anything over 1.55v WILL shorten the life of your cpu, but you don't really plan on keeping that for over 3 years do you? Feel free to take the voltage up but if it were my chip, I wouldn't let the temperatures get past 55C. Good luck and happy overclocking.

·
Premium Member
6,318 Posts
The Phenom II 550 is one of the coldest running dual cores on the market.
With the H50, you should be able to hit 1.65v easily. Maybe higher. Just watch your temps.

·
Premium Member
4,678 Posts
Yes higher voltages will shorten it's life but it will last longer than 3 years, more like 6/7 years out of a 10 year span.
Dude, push that sucker higher we know you can hit 4.0 (at least for validation) then run it 3.8/3.9 24/7
I have this in another rig and it booted to windows 4.??? @1.55x vcore on a gigabyte GA MA790X UD4P.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by FREELINE57
View Post

Yes higher voltages will shorten it's life but it will last longer than 3 years, more like 6/7 years out of a 10 year span.
Dude, push that sucker higher we know you can hit 4.0 (at least for validation) then run it 3.8/3.9 24/7
I have this in another rig and it booted to windows 4.??? @1.55x vcore on a gigabyte GA MA790X UD4P.

Alright will try, I can validate at 4GHz it's just not 100% stable.

EDIT:

TADAAAAAAAAAAA
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1081152

1 - 5 of 5 Posts