Overclock.net banner

5600X OC advice

2344 Views 7 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  CrustyJuggler
Hi, I haven't really done a lot of Overclocking before and just picked up this 5600X over the weekend and was wondering what advice anyone might have based on what they can see here that may be something to alter to get a "better" setup if that makes sense. I am not sure what exactly the Curve Optimiser does, but imagine it just lowers the curve of power running through it when set to negative??

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Overclocker
2,780 Posts
The curve optimizer basically lowers the voltage curve, leaving the cpu to have more headroom to boost to higher clocks because it is using less power and producing less heat.

One thing you have to watch out for is clock stretching where the clocks appear higher but your benchmark scores are lower. So sometimes you may need to back down the CO if you experience this.

The other thing about maximizing performance on ryzen (at least for the non 3d versions) is higher ram clocks. Trying to get the highest ram clocks with a 1:1 ratio with the infinity fabric will net you better gaming performance.

You can also try a lower PPT like 180w/230w/300w along with a boost override of +150/200. For whatever reasons, certain combos of PPT/Boost override sometimes clock higher than just setting everything to max. No clue why (probably AMD's algorithm) but a lot of times that is the case, just something else to try.

· Watercooled
909 Posts
From my experience you don't gain too much performance increasing clock speed. But with high FCLK like 1900-2000Mhz you will see a sustancial performance increase speacilly in games. But you need a RAM capable of running at DDR4-3800 at least

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The ram currently in my system is Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz LPX kit 2x 16GB DDR4. So far have been unable to set it higher than 3200 and have it even boot so am unsure really

· Watercooled
909 Posts
That is weird even the most crappy RAM overclocks at least 200 - 400 MT/s.

Can upload the full specs of your system ?

· Registered
147 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts