Overclock.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first true build, never done anything to this extent. Although I am pretty tech savy, for 17, I think I did a good job for my age.

Stats:

* GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard
* EVGA 512-P3-N954-TR GeForce 9500 GT 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card
* Tuniq Tower 120 Universal CPU Cooler 120mm Cooling Fan and Fan Controller/Heatsink
* OCZ OCZTFRZTC Freeze Extreme Thermal Conductivity Compound
* OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ2RPR800C44GK
* Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor Model BX80562Q6600
* Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
* Corsair TX850 PSU
* Seagate 640GB Sata
* Samsung 500GB Sata

I had to RMA a faulty HP drive to newegg, I fought with them and they refunded me a full 27.99! I was happy. And it was a nasty IDE, eww. So I ordered a Samsung Sata Lightscribe with free dvds for 26.99 today.

Heres the new DVD drive:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827151173

And I got a pack of these for free:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16800990002

Other things I added to this build:

6 Inch Cold Cathode
12 Inch Cold Cathode
80mm PCI Slot Exhaust Fan
80mm Antec TriCool Blue LED Fan
80mm Antec TriCool Fan (To suck air out of TX850)

I also sleeved a lot of stuff, I plan on doing more in the near future, school is a big thing currently now.

That TuniqTower keeps my PC at a really cool temp of 27C on IDLE, I have yet to do a heavy stress on it.

Pictures(No cold cathode pics, sorry):

And the front two 120mm fans have panty hose fitlers, lol. I made them, they work better then any true filter you buy.

I decided to add a fan to pull air out, for more airflow, actually dropped my system temp 6-9c.

PCI Slot exhaust and EVGA 9500 GT

My side panel mod, with a zip tied fan attached, looks nice? COmments?

Nice sleek ocz reaper

Famous Blue Heatsink, lol

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
why such good parts with a 9500GT??!!!????!!!???!!!!????!! Seriously use step up and get a better card
besides that it is REALLY nice though.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgdude
View Post

why such good parts with a 9500GT??!!!????!!!???!!!!????!! Seriously use step up and get a better card

Exactly my thoughts...seriously get a better card, besides that it looks great

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
on EVGAs website 9600GT is $100 and 9800GT is $125. So when you step up you only pay the difference to that price. So if you payed $70 itll cost you $30 + s/h for a 9600GT and $55 for a 9800GT. ive had both and 9800gt=twice 9500gt fps.
or get a 9800gt $100 shipped and sell your card for ~$40-50 on ebay
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814187030

·
Banned
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was on a tight budget, But I am currently saving, but its little.

I know I need a better one, I don't really game much. More photoshop/web design/video edition/dvd ripping/etc.

Is anyone selling a fairly nice one for cheap?

·
Premium Member
8,612 Posts
very nice looking system with very good parts.......ummm but yeah.....upgrade the graphics card as soon as you can......even on a 17inch the 9500GT will struggle with some games......

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rock3ralex View Post
get at least a 9600 gt.
Even a 9600GSO. It would have been the same price for much better performance. Otherwise, not a bad build

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sullivan View Post
I was on a tight budget, But I am currently saving, but its little.

I know I need a better one, I don't really game much. More photoshop/web design/video edition/dvd ripping/etc.

Is anyone selling a fairly nice one for cheap?
You could wait just a bit. With new cards from Ati and "new" cards from Nvidia, price drops are expected.

·
Banned
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya I will probably wait, this system will get me through college. I am really liking it.

And the temps are amazing with all my air flow.

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
Looks nice, though you could probably loose the external PSU exhaust. PSU's do not need to be kept super cool like other computer parts and will be fine with the temp-sensitive fan inside.

Looks like a solid build

·
Banned
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by crashnburn_819 View Post
How's the airflow? It looks like you must get weird directionality from all the fans.
Cable manage that and it'll look even better

Its great, let me whip up a heat/cool air directional diagram.

EDIT: Naw, I will do it later. But how would I get weird directionality? The two front 120mm fans suck in air, the top 240mm fan blows out air, the side panel fan sucks air out, the 80mm psu fan sucks air out, the 80mm PCI slot sucks are out, the Tuniq Tower 120's 120mm fan sucks air towards the stock 120mm fan on the Antec 900 case.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higgins View Post
Looks nice, though you could probably loose the external PSU exhaust. PSU's do not need to be kept super cool like other computer parts and will be fine with the temp-sensitive fan inside.

Looks like a solid build

Ya, I know, it seems like it makes the overall system cooler, which I like.

I love the temps!

[/IMG]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts