This is my first true build, never done anything to this extent. Although I am pretty tech savy, for 17, I think I did a good job for my age.
* GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard
* EVGA 512-P3-N954-TR GeForce 9500 GT 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card
* Tuniq Tower 120 Universal CPU Cooler 120mm Cooling Fan and Fan Controller/Heatsink
* OCZ OCZTFRZTC Freeze Extreme Thermal Conductivity Compound
* OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ2RPR800C44GK
* Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor Model BX80562Q6600
* Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
* Corsair TX850 PSU
* Seagate 640GB Sata
* Samsung 500GB Sata
I had to RMA a faulty HP drive to newegg, I fought with them and they refunded me a full 27.99! I was happy. And it was a nasty IDE, eww. So I ordered a Samsung Sata Lightscribe with free dvds for 26.99 today.
Heres the new DVD drive:
And I got a pack of these for free:
Other things I added to this build:
6 Inch Cold Cathode
12 Inch Cold Cathode
80mm PCI Slot Exhaust Fan
80mm Antec TriCool Blue LED Fan
80mm Antec TriCool Fan (To suck air out of TX850)
I also sleeved a lot of stuff, I plan on doing more in the near future, school is a big thing currently now.
That TuniqTower keeps my PC at a really cool temp of 27C on IDLE, I have yet to do a heavy stress on it.
Pictures(No cold cathode pics, sorry):
And the front two 120mm fans have panty hose fitlers, lol. I made them, they work better then any true filter you buy.
I decided to add a fan to pull air out, for more airflow, actually dropped my system temp 6-9c.
PCI Slot exhaust and EVGA 9500 GT
My side panel mod, with a zip tied fan attached, looks nice? COmments?
Nice sleek ocz reaper
Famous Blue Heatsink, lol