Discussion Starter #1
Heres my rig -
P4 1.8 GHz
512 PC800 RDRAM
e-GeForce FX 5700LE 256MB 4X
Latest Nvidia official drivers
coolbits
I can only overclock it to 272/446
What can I do, without buying any additional cooling, to get these numbers up? By the way, this is a dell mobo, so i cant tweak the motherboard bios much.

·
Banned
2,222 Posts
add more volts to your GPU, its not always possible with that card though, download xbios editor and make a copy of ur VC bios with it and attach it here, if there is extra voltage to be used ill hex it in for you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
scratch the first post... I finally got my speeds up to 420/480. Is that safe with just the stock fan?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got it up to 423/496, and its not artifacting any, so I guess its fine... I get 46fps in the hl2 stress test instead of 22 with the stock settings!

·
Banned
914 Posts
are you still pushing it? i got mine to 498/460 on stock but the d*** thing has to "test the new setings" (*********) if it dident need to do that i whold probly get 500/500

·
Registered
712 Posts
I can run mine at 300/470 but I did notice that the memory clock influences the introduction of artifacts more than the core clock. I have to send my two cards in for RMA because they never worked under 8x mode.. spent all night setting the BIOSes back to their original and making sure I set everythign back to stock settings. But anyways.. Unless you have a better fan for it I wouldn;t go any higher. I know my video card got REALLY hot after playing Doom3 for an hour with it set at 300/450 (my usual safe overclock)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am using coolbits, with the forceware drivers, and now i am maxed out at 420/480. It wont let me go any higher. I tried rivatuner, but it stopped at 350/400... Any suggestions?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts