Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I run 2 monitor with different resulution?

I have a 19" 1440x900 and a another one on the way should be here on friday thats 23" 1920x1080. Can i run both of those together?

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Yes, you can run both monitors at different resolutions.

• Rep+
Reactions: doc2142

·
Premium Member
5,699 Posts
gaming wise it depends. If your playing something like world in conflict, you can have one whole monitor just for the map.

eyefinity has these ideal configs

Otherwise for normal desktop work, yes.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, I wasn't talking about in game. More of a movie playing on one screen and one in game. The 19" has its own speakers and i have a extra sound card I can install... Or not even a movie running just surfing the net or on my friend list talking to people.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Well, the downside to gaming and trying to chat (say in Xfire) is that whenever you click on the second monitor that isn't in full screen, it either minimizes your game, or knocks it out of fullscreen. Afterwards, either alt-tab or alt-enter gets you back in game.

Also, you cannot run 2 fullscreen apps on the seperate monitors (example: movie, game). One or the other has to be windowed.

·
Registered
590 Posts
It should be able to, I've never attempted to run just one of mine, but I have my 42" 1080p JVC tv hooked up as well as my 22" Samsung and it works just fine.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo_Punk_2.0
View Post

Well, the downside to gaming and trying to chat (say in Xfire) is that whenever you click on the second monitor that isn't in full screen, it either minimizes your game, or knocks it out of fullscreen (afterwards, either alt-tab or alt-enter gets you back in game).

Also, you cannot run 2 fullscreen apps on the seperate monitors (example: movie, game). One or the other has to be windowed.

I kinda disagree with this to an extent, I can run GOM media player in full screen on my tv and play games in non-windowed mode full screen on my monitor. Other apps, yes this is very true, just GOM seems to be the exception for me.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nawtheph
View Post

I kinda disagree with this to an extent, I can run GOM media player in full screen on my tv and play games in non-windowed mode full screen on my monitor. Other apps, yes this is very true, just GOM seems to be the exception for me.

Always an exception.
That's a nice feature of GOM though... never could do that with WMP or VLC.

Or hell, maybe I could and I just don't remember.
(it's been awhile)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yeah you can, as long as you don't try eye infinity with 2 different resolutions (doesn't work) but otherwise with 1 monitor being main monitor and 2nd being 2ndary for movies/chatting etc. you can do it fine.

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo_Punk_2.0 View Post
Well, the downside to gaming and trying to chat (say in Xfire) is that whenever you click on the second monitor that isn't in full screen, it either minimizes your game, or knocks it out of fullscreen. Afterwards, either alt-tab or alt-enter gets you back in game.

I can do this with KM player as well. I didn't know VLC couldn't.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJEndet View Post
Yeah you can, as long as you don't try eye infinity with 2 different resolutions (doesn't work) but otherwise with 1 monitor being main monitor and 2nd being 2ndary for movies/chatting etc. you can do it fine.
Well, you can (I have) but if they aren't at least close, it can look ugly. And they pick wierd resolutions too. 1920*1200+1024*1280 combines to 2880*900

1 - 11 of 11 Posts