Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I'm building a computer for my friend and everything seems to be ok except for one thing... the vga and cpu combo...
So here are my two choices...

I5 760 + gtx 460

or

Phenom II 955 + (2x)5770 CF

The price is pretty much the same (15$ difference) and the guy says he<ll buy either one...
So I need some help choosing

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Id say get the Ci5 + 460, gives him an option to go SLi later one depending on the board.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Id say get the Ci5 + 460, gives him an option to go SLi later one depending on the board.
the board supports sli at dual x8 wich is really acceptable but the psu is 750w and i cant upgrade it if i want the total price to be in the price range he gave me... so upgrading to a sli 460gtx later would mean buy a new psu a 1000w...

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
Please only start one thread at a time on the same subject. I deleted the other 3 and left this one since it's your first.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by polm
View Post

the board supports sli at dual x8 wich is really acceptable but the psu is 750w and i cant upgrade it if i want the total price to be in the price range he gave me... so upgrading to a sli 460gtx later would mean buy a new psu a 1000w...

a 750w really is enough for two 460s. dont follow psu calculators if its the one on newegg, it gives very fluffy recomendations. and if its a good psu even 750w might be overkill for two 460s.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
GTX460 w/ 650-750w psu. Should be enough for you to SLI the GTX460's and overclock them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts