Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Nvidia Enthusiast
Joined
·
9,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my liquid cooling kit pump died so im on air cooling (stock heatsink) and it loaded at 57C is that way too hot? or am i just being paranoid i could pout a better fan on it but its really loud and it irritates me
 

·
Nvidia Enthusiast
Joined
·
9,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
57c is fine.
are you sure? will it have any long term effects?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,691 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by philhalo66 View Post
are you sure? will it have any long term effects?
No more than when you had the liquid cooling on it. It would automatically shut itself down before anything happened to it anyway, and it's quite hard to kill a CPU


Also, how long are you without a pump for?
 

·
Nvidia Enthusiast
Joined
·
9,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
No more than when you had the liquid cooling on it. It would automatically shut itself down before anything happened to it anyway, and it's quite hard to kill a CPU


Also, how long are you without a pump for?
until they send me a new one they haven't even replied to my email yet so could be a few weeks
 

·
Nvidia Enthusiast
Joined
·
9,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MooMoo View Post
idle dont say much (but those are ok), whats your load temps?
umm 57C is my laod temp idle is 42

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~CS~ View Post
It fine, max specified temperature is 61 Celsius as specified by AMD http://products.amd.com/en-us/Deskto...il.aspx?id=397.
mine is the 95 Watt version

i am going to go put my good fan on it ill let ya know what the temps are after i replace it
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
10,292 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by superbabosheki View Post
57 load temp on a stock fan? I don't believe you -_- [This means that is great]
uh those are beliveable temps if he has a cool enough ambient..durr
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,315 Posts
ur paranoid LOL 57C is fine

When you start hitting 70-75 then id worry

(personally, anything under 65 load w/ prime 95 is fine for 24/7) and that with prob 10 deg cushion
 

·
Nvidia Enthusiast
Joined
·
9,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
this is what the temps are after a quick fan change and adding a fan on the NB


EDIT this was before the fan change
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
435 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CryWin View Post
I wouldn't worry unless it's going over 75C
???? This is not good advise........ 61 is max temps for processor not 75. This advise would cause him to burnout the chip rather quickly.....

Here is the specs for CPU:

 

·
Nvidia Enthusiast
Joined
·
9,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drdeath View Post
???? This is not good advise........ 61 is max temps for processor not 75. This advise would cause him to burnout the chip rather quickly.....

Here is the specs fpr CPU:


i got the 95 watt version so its 70C max
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top