Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title suggests, I am getting tearing regardless if I enable triple buffering or Vsync on in CCC.

Is any 1 else experiencing this too?

I have not O/C the card (ASUS ref board I believe), no real need to, I can play with high settings, no AA or AF and its smooth, other than that pain in da ass TEARING.
Settings 1920 * 1080 P.

I actually have had the game for over a week now, I have spent more time on this forum than I should have LOL.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
449 Posts
Hi,i believe vsync is broken in bfbc2, you need to instal rivatuner then goto where you installed it, goto the tools folder and select D3DOverrider.exe , once thathas started click the add button in bottom left and browse to bfbc2.exe, then just select vsync ect in D3DOverrider.exe.
Have included a picture
D3doverider forces vsync.
I have allso used this for metro2033
Hope this has helped you.
LL

·
Banned
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nah all good, just did it then, erm I got a silicon BONER....
IT IS AWESOME NOW...

Weird though, cause BC2 says Vsync in options...
Must be a lot of pissed off people out there not knowing this info.

Thx to you two guys again, cheers.. Much appreciated...

Now to chase some bad guys around with a silicon BONER....
Sounds gay, but trust me, its not LOL..

·
Registered
608 Posts
When vsync is enabled in game, you have a drop in frame rates. Never heard of this before, thanks for info. + reps

·
Banned
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would rather have frame drops, but with triple buffering enabled, its not as bad.
Tearing is crap, I mean some d00d is shooting at me, and I am like, ur smoke is tearing, how am I supposed to take ur bullets serious??
Hence why me n Vsync sleep in the same bed, yeah with my silicon BONER...

LOL

Peace out guys, I am wrapped....

·
Banned
449 Posts
I allways play all games with vsync enabled, 60fps isvery smoothand there's nothingwrong with having 60fps as max.
Alot of 360 games tear and then a patch comes out that enables vsync which then obviously makes a game playable, screen tearing is something i just can't cope with, it's a destroyer of games!

·
Banned
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Erm I hate to tell you, I was about to uninstall BC2 it was that unplayable, I couldn't see what the fark was going on, this fix has made my day, now back to killing bad d00ds

·
Banned
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will ask another Q pertaining to BC2 for all that have played it fairly thoroughly.
When in the tank, I noticed staggered lines across the screen, not knowing if the GPU was playing up, or its part of the game graphics.
Anyone shed some light on this please?
These lines disappeared when the tank sectioned finished.
I would just like to double check that the GPU is running fine, its only 2 weeks old and this is the 1st time I have thrown a hardcore game at it..

TIA

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I had the same problem. Brett's fix is the way to go.

I see you shortened your name and decided to stick around. Good for you

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
Another thing you can do in BC2 is just switch the resolution to a different one, and then back, and it'll fix v-sync. But d3doverrider also works in some other games that can't be fixed in this way like metro and stalker cop, so it's nice to have. It also gives you triple buffering, which CCC doesn't in DirectX games (that's why it says OpenGL right above the check box for triple buffering).

·
Banned
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by mdbsat View Post
I had the same problem. Brett's fix is the way to go.

I see you shortened your name and decided to stick around. Good for you

Yeah well, no harm done eh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xira View Post
the lines are normal if they're the ones i think you're referring to
Yeah I am thinking that too, as it seems only to appear in tank, thx for your help.

·
Banned
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Originally Posted by brettjv View Post
But d3doverrider also works in some other games that can't be fixed in this way like metro and stalker cop, so it's nice to have. It also gives you triple buffering, which CCC doesn't in DirectX games (that's why it says OpenGL right above the check box for triple buffering).
Best thing ever Brett, cheers d00d.
Lets go bowling 1 day and I will buy you a new rug and you can score with Bunny.. (To the uninitiated, all references to The Big Lebowski..)

Oh 1 more thing, I h8 opening multiple threads as I know you guys read these anyway, but I can get a SSD for $108 AUD, which is the cheapest 1 here in Australia.
32 GB.
I am currently using 40 GB from a 60 GB partition of a 750 GB drive, for my OS atm, but that has too many games sitting on it.
I will, if I get the drive, just have OS and important progs, I need a reinstal anyways as I have some master boot prog stuck on the OS, can't get rid of it.

So my q is, are they really worth getting?
I will have my games on a separate drive so that's no issue.

TIA.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Honestly, some maps are better than other for me in BFBC2 and the graphics have been shotty for me some days and fine others. I know the alt+tab once in game and resetting the resolution works most days for me.

I know what you are talking about in the tanks. I just dont go in them much anymore. Honestly I don't really like the game....I know....gasp.

Good luck. I forgive you for the graphic PM you sent the day you joined. Welcome.

·
Banned
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:

Originally Posted by tweaker123
View Post

v-sync=input lag. even with triple buffering.
in any competetive fps game u should always leave it off.

I hear what you are saying, but I don't totally agree there.
BC2 is unplayable with Vsync off.
This would make the game, "un-competitive", so you need some kind of balance.
Its just poor coding, IMO, that we do need vsync in the 1st place.

Still without Vsync, a lot of games would sit in the gutter and rot.

As for what Buttcruncher said ages ago about the 360.
I cry at the amount of tearing that that has.
RE5 was shocking.
There were known fixes, but the machine is using such an outdated GPU, that it can't do any decent gaming.
That goes for the PS3 too.
I still cuddle my 5850 before I got to bed, give it a little kiss on the fan, and thank god I have a decent gaming rig after all these years at an affordable $..

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdbsat
View Post

Good luck. I forgive you for the graphic PM you sent the day you joined. Welcome.

Yeah it was a little OT to say the least, but that's all water under the bridge now..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts