Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi does anybody have this setup? I am looking to get another 5850 for now as they are quite cheap, but at the moment am running eyefinity 5760x1080 and have heard there are a few problems with eyefinity + crossfire?

Just wondering if anyone has this setup or similar and what results they have got? I play the usual games in eyefinity BC2, Crysis 1&2 Mafia 2, Batman AA, Dirt 2, F1 2010, Shift 1&2, Farcry 2, Hawx etc etc... just wondering if its worth it as a cheap upgrade?

·
Registered
901 Posts
I never had this problem, but then again, i removed my second screen.

5850s are only around 200 now right? get one and be future proof for the next 2(?) years in terms of games

·
Registered
188 Posts
The only real power limitation when it comes to terms with Crossfire HD 5850's is the fact they only posses 1GB VRam. At 5760x1080 some high end games can easily surpass 1GB of VRam needed, especially once you crank up the AA (such as Crysis or Metro 2033). At that resolution I would recommend a 2GB card to be the most future proof.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.