Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys so basically my story is, i had a reference 5850, so i was doing voltage to oc more, well, i accidently put a mem sink on wrong chip, went to move it it ripped chip off, so i rma'd it and i got this card back today... 2 months later, sadly not same model, has fan in middle its a sapphire blah blah, a pos to me, so is that anything i can do to increase the voltage? i want like from 1.080 i think stock is to like 1.200 i had it on my other card i beleive, i want enough to get it to go to 1 ghz like my other card did, thanks any way to do this i will take, if it means some soldering a wire somewhere, i can do it, if not i know a guy in town who could

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Download RBE (Radeon BIOS Editor) Acquire the GPU BIOS With it and you can change the core voltage in there. After editing the BIOS Flash it and reboot but remember to have an original copy of the BIOS and Preferably a backup card to fall back onto.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by overclocker23578
View Post

Download RBE (Radeon BIOS Editor) Acquire the GPU BIOS With it and you can change the core voltage in there. After editing the BIOS Flash it and reboot but remember to have an original copy of the BIOS and Preferably a backup card to fall back onto.

TYVM
this wasnt around 2 months ago when i had shipped my other card off, im very happy that i can get the overclock even with non reference,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts