Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I had my 5870 for about a year now and since install i've always had suffered form Vertical Line crashes of different flavors. At first they were yellow orange, then they were whatever color was last on screen (i.e snowy level = white, forest = green). And now i have been getting Black/Gray vertical lines and the crashes have become more frequent. Every game i launch there is bound to be a crash when gaming more than 1 hour. I've tried a variety of fixes such as underclocking and or raising voltage. So far underclocking as fixed the issue but i refuse to use underclock because i bought the overclocked version of this card for a reason! Only thing that seems weird to me is BFBC2 is unstable at the stock clock but when i overclock to 890/1290 v1.170 the card has gone as far as 3 hours stable! Same thing with Counter Strike: Source, i underclock to 800/1200 v1.170 and the card becomes stable for as long as i've tested (3 hours). And sometimes the screen just goes black and i loose signal to the monitor and i hear the video card's fan ramp up to 100% and i am forced to reboot. That has been alot more frequent and it think its driver related because it started happening since the 10.12 drivers. So in the end, im asking if anyone has a fix for this dreaded Gray/Black vertical line crashes!?

Thanks!
smile.gif

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by superj1977;13078715
Whats v1.70?
Whoops typo. I ment to say that i changed the voltage from 1.165 to 1.170

·
MEGABYTE ME
2,765 Posts
I had the same issue with my old XFX 5870 XXX edition and the only remedy was to put the card to stock clocks. I suspect it needed to be RMA'd but I flashed it to stock card settings and traded it away (I told him of course
tongue.gif
) for a GTX 470 for folding reasons

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain318;13078756
I had the same issue with my old XFX 5870 XXX edition and the only remedy was to put the card to stock clocks. I suspect it needed to be RMA'd but I flashed it to stock card settings and traded it away (I told him of course
tongue.gif
) for a GTX 470 for folding reasons
Thanks for the input! I will try to set the card to default clocks and not the clocks from factory, just to confirm they are 850/1200? And if you know , what voltage it runs at? Thanks!
smile.gif

·
MEGABYTE ME
2,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkippyDogg;13078806
Thanks for the input! I will try to set the card to default clocks and not the clocks from factory, just to confirm they are 850/1200? And if you know , what voltage it runs at? Thanks!
smile.gif
850/1200 yes. I don't recall the voltage though I never touched that. I did stabilize mine @ 875/1275 though but I still wound up just flashing it to stock ATi clocks in the end

·
✾ ✿ ❀ ❁
8,395 Posts
RMA if it cannot run at the clocks Sapphire set it to

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awww a couple of people are pointing to an RMA which is what i want to do last because my motherboard does not have onboard video nor do i have a spare video card. But if this stock clocks method does not work i think i will resort to an RMA. Anyone how long does the whole RMA process take?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts