Overclock.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

i have recently purchased 3 5870s to run in tri-fire... i installed them this morning and everything was going well, but then my comp wouldn't recognize that it was x-fire at all... the x-fire tab doesn't even show up in my catalyst control center... i am running on the absolute latest drivers... any ideas on how to fix this?

thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
if all three cards show up under the control panel, i would try re-installing the drivers. possible something got corrupted with them.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob808;14247665
if all three cards show up under the control panel, i would try re-installing the drivers. possible something got corrupted with them.
all three cards do show up, and i have run tri-SLI 470s on this board too, so ik it isnt the board or PSU... i am in the middle of a re instalation... i seriously hope this works
tongue.gif

·
Registered
108 Posts
silly question, but did you check if the crossfire cable is in each properly? and the above would work to ^ Didn't take much to get my 3 gpus running, some driver issues which are sorted out in like 11.0 or something. Enjoy them.. once you get them sorted
tongue.gif

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftingforlife;14247694
crossfire brigde installed right.
im prity sure... it looks just like this

Tri%20Fire%205850.jpg

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just tried the re install an its a no go... the x-fire tab still doesn't even show up in my control center

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bump

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
lame.

Did you uninstall drivers and use driver sweeper to get rid of any leftover crap and then install the driver?

If not, I would recommend that. Lame I know, but it may work.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob808;14248638
lame.

Did you uninstall drivers and use driver sweeper to get rid of any leftover crap and then install the driver?

If not, I would recommend that. Lame I know, but it may work.
i am in the middle of running driver sweeper right now to get rid of both the AMD drivers and my old Nvidia drivers... i am seriously hoping this works as i am starting to get severely annoyed
tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by trulsrohk;14248655
format, install all other drivers first, reboot

install gpu drivers, reboot

if that doesn't work get back to us
i dont particularly want to reformat my drive right now as i am leaving in a few hours and dont have enough time to finish the process right now... i have been planning to reformat for a wile now though, so i may just do it in a few weeks when i get back

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by wumpus;14249034
it wont work on a 780i. period. there is no hack for crossfire on nvidia chipsets.
i have done xfire on a 790i so i figured it would work on the 780i
frown.gif
... i am actually using this rig for folding because i got the 5870s massively cheap ($95 ea from an old friend) so should i just use dummy plugs to utilize all three cards?

·
Premium Member
4,914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskamobob1;14249080
i have done xfire on a 790i so i figured it would work on the 780i
frown.gif
... i am actually using this rig for folding because i got the 5870s massively cheap ($95 ea from an old friend) so should i just use dummy plugs to utilize all three cards?
upgrade to a semi-modern platform would be my advice.

though you dont need X-fire to use them for crunching

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by wumpus;14249109
upgrade to a semi-modern platform would be my advice.

though you dont need X-fire to use them for crunching
no money for a large upgrade right now unfortunately
tongue.gif
... i will probably end up doing an upgrade once ivy comes out and i can see the options... for now i guese i will just use dummy plugs and get this beast up and running
smile.gif

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.