Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've encountered a couple of issues (not sure if they're problems or if it's normal, so I'm here to ask you guys) with my EAH5870v1

First issue is when I boot up my computer, as it's POSTing my card's fan goes on max until the POST finishes. So it's like push on button on computer, hear my card's fan on max for couple seconds, fan returns to normal, windows loads and I go on my way. Is this normal? I've sorta gotten used to it and I haven't had any real problems with the fan malfunctioning otherwise. Am I the only one experiencing such a problem or have others gone through the same thing?

Second issue makes me really nervous. I have everest OSD on my screen at all times so my temps are always being monitored. Started happening just about a week ago, my card was being fed 1.65v for no apparent reason. I wasn't gaming, it wasn't being manually entered, it was just being fed 1.65v. I checked afterburner it showed all the stock settings were loaded, but GPUz, afterburner, OSD all showed a hefty 1.65v. My first instinct is okay it's a busted sensor, but looking at my temps they were running at 85c and counting. I called Asus support and they seriously said it wasn't a problem and that it was NORMAL. Okay I'm not a genius, but I'm pretty sure stock = normal. Should I go in to RMA the card or try to find a fix somehow?

Hopefully someone out there has some answers

·
Banned
267 Posts
Umm..check for a bios update for your card AND mobo.. 1.65 volts.. does NOT sound good for a gpu.. 85 degrees .. thats fine for a load temp..but not idle. Re seat the heatsink perhaps. also catalyst 10.8 might fix the issue.. As for the first issue.. at POST a noisy fan = normal. my 4870 used to do that all the time. U can adjust the fan speed using radeon bios editor..if you know what your doing..

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I definitely know it's a problem, but Asus doesn't seem like they want to honor my warranty >_>. I've already updated my mobo's BIOS. Not sure how to update my card's BIOS though, or even how to check if it's outdated. I was on 10.8 when the issue started, thought that the drivers caused the problem, so I rolled back to 10.7 but no avail

1 - 3 of 3 Posts