Overclock.net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Honestly same boat as you, 5900X. I have been using BIOS because most people are getting better results overclocking with PBO and Curve Optimizer which means they are undervolting their CPUs which increases the boost frequency of their cores. There are currently 2 philosophies that people are playing with. Crank that negative offset as far as it goes then bump up boost slowly, or max out that 200MHz boost and turn down curve optimizer offsets until they are unstable. Some people are pushing the scaler up as well which in my experience really yeets the voltage up and temps as well. I have mine on auto but im considering locking at 1X to see if i can get thermals under control. Currently there is no "Bible" for Ryzen 5000 overclocking, but I think Gerald has a pretty nice starting point for most people to play with until we get more information. Perhaps a future BIOS revision and AGESA will turn down the absolute inferno 90C temps these chips will go to even on high end cooling. AMD says its fine but I would rather not.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Yea hes on youtube and also on the OCN forum.

I think he worked off of elmore on OCN

Yea, the idea is to enable PBO then undervolt the CPU with curve optimizer and play with the power limiters for PBO. Im still working on it at the moment. If you want you can try setting a -0.005V offset on Vcore and seeing if its stable. It dropped my temps down to a toasty but safer feeling 85C

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.