Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those of you that still play cs:s. Do you sometimes see it wigging out? when i get shot in my face my screen will flash white, has a few hiccups and glitches, just doesn't feel 100% smooth. Anyone else having any problems?

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sotorious View Post
for those of you that still play cs:s. Do you sometimes see it wigging out? when i get shot in my face my screen will flash white, has a few hiccups and glitches, just doesn't feel 100% smooth. Anyone else having any problems?
If I still had CS:S I would be able to tell you but alas I don't anymore. Is it at stock or overclocked(5970)?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kye7 View Post
why are you the ONLY person that has 5970 problems?..

you should overclock
/how should overclocking fix this? Do you have the latest drivers?

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sotorious View Post
I've been having problems with Source games in general. Other games work just fine.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i am still on the 10.3 betas i am not oc'd BFBC2 seems to run fine its just when i was playing cs last night. I did disable AI and last night i tried turning the AA up and that just made it seem a little more chokey so i had turned everything back down.

im asking to see if its a common problem or not before i start tweaking and trying to find a solution.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by firestormcomputers
View Post

Disable CF in the CCC, and see if that helps.

I have done that, i have to run it on 1 gpu, because if i get flashed my screen starts to wave when i come out of a flash ( thats with dual gpus running)

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maris
View Post

did you bought 5970 to play css? *laughs*

LOL yeah, pretty hardcore purchase. Hope you intend on playing some new stuff like Battlefield Bad Company 2, Metro 2033, Mass Effect 2, etc!

·
PC Evangelist
46,953 Posts
Make sure you have Vsync off.

·
I might have tacos tonite
22,339 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gib007 View Post
LOL yeah, pretty hardcore purchase. Hope you intend on playing some new stuff like Battlefield Bad Company 2, Metro 2033, Mass Effect 2, etc!

I play Diablo II and THPS3.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kye7 View Post
why are you the ONLY person that has 5970 problems?..

you should overclock
hes not the only person im having lil glitches on my screen as im playing, my FPS doesnt drop but the screen glitches here and there...

·
I might have tacos tonite
22,339 Posts
Do you have two screens running? I have to disable my secondary monitor otherwise I get flashing in some games. It's constant though, no way you could really just play through it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts