Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Nvidia Enthusiast
Joined
·
9,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it a good idea or not i want to max crysis with 8X aa and full AF with zero lag, im gonna get either a phenom II 965 or a core i7 920 depends on what mobo i like the most

thanks
 

·
I lieks teh cheese
Joined
·
2,098 Posts
So all of that for just one game?

Edit- Also, I take it the resolution you play at is 1440 x 900?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
HMM I WOULD ADVICE YOU TO GO WITH THE I7 920 CHOP, if you want to really maxing it out Good, Also you can try it with 1 5970 , as some of the ppl on this foprum says 2 quad GPU is trouble if you want to overclock them.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,065 Posts
such a small monitor and resolution. if i were you just grab a new motherboard and CPU and call it day. Crysis is old tech now. We are going to need 3 x 5790's for Crysis 2, lol.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,814 Posts
This dude is not going to be purchasing parts any time soon, and you will actually lose fps because the resolution is so low for such an awesome card.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,814 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by killerhz
View Post

such a small monitor and resolution. if i were you just grab a new motherboard and CPU and call it day. Crysis is old tech now. We are going to need 3 x 5790's for Crysis 2, lol.

Crysis 2 will be far more optimized than Crysis Warhead, thus the release on consoles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,050 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by firestormcomputers
View Post

This dude is not going to be purchasing parts any time soon, and you will actually lose fps because the resolution is so low for such an awesome card.

I told him to post this thread, because I knew he would get a unanimous response about this, but I am curious why you say he won't be getting parts anytime soon?
(This is not meant to sound as defensive as it does, but I don't know how else to ask this.
Do you mean that he won't have the money any time soon, or that he is kind of dreaming?)
Because this is just about the best possible time to just hold off on anything GPU related.
I was saying, if he was going to get dual 5970s, that he should just get a 2560x1600, and then worry about what GPU(s) he needs to power all those pixels, or at least just to think about it more in this way, if you know what I mean.
I had no idea what I was missing. When I play, say, MW2, on my W3000H, the release of adrenaline causes my nose to run (from the decongestant effect of adrenaline). What good is all that GPU without a lot more pixels? He probably won't be able to try one, but I think if he just took the plunge, he would not regret it.

Quote:


Originally Posted by firestormcomputers
View Post

Crysis 2 will be far more optimized than Crysis Warhead, thus hence the release on consoles.

 

·
Nvidia Enthusiast
Joined
·
9,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clockadile Dundee View Post
I told him to post this thread, because I knew he would get a unanimous response about this, but I am curious why you say he won't be getting parts anytime soon?
(This is not meant to sound as defensive as it does, but I don't know how else to ask this.
Do you mean that he won't have the money any time soon, or that he is kind of dreaming?)
Because this is just about the best possible time to just hold off on anything GPU related.
I was saying, if he was going to get dual 5970s, that he should just get a 2560x1600, and then worry about what GPU(s) he needs to power all those pixels, or at least just to think about it more in this way, if you know what I mean.
I had no idea what I was missing. When I play, say, MW2, on my W3000H, the release of adrenaline causes my nose to run (from the decongestant effect of adrenaline). What good is all that GPU without a lot more pixels? He probably won't be able to try one, but I think if he just took the plunge, he would not regret it.


i will be buying these parts within the next 2 months hopefuly
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,050 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by philhalo66 View Post
i will be buying these parts within the next 2 months hopefuly
Alright, well just take your time then. You will be so happy when you can look at every component in your computer, and say "if I had this to do over, I would do it exactly the same way".

In ~2 months, you can learn a lot about your different options, and what their significance is, the importance of all their specs and features.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,497 Posts
On a 19" monitor it would be an absolute waste of money to purchase 2 5970's let alone a single 5970. For that resolution a 5850/5870 is more than sufficient. You need a monitor that is at least 30" to maximize the performance of the 5970's Quad-Fired.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by firstchoicett View Post
HMM I WOULD ADVICE YOU TO GO WITH THE I7 920 CHOP, if you want to really maxing it out Good, Also you can try it with 1 5970 , as some of the ppl on this foprum says 2 quad GPU is trouble if you want to overclock them.
Either of these CPUs will enable you to do this, and depending on your vendor one might be a better deal than the other. As far as gaming goes both are great chips.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top