Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I install the drivers to my new 5970 and I notice that my games just don't seem to be working at the right fps then a week or so goes by and idecide to overclock the card and now the bench test from ati overdrive doesn't work after overclocking my screen goes blank I boot up in safe mode and uninstall drivers when I try reinstalling the screen will flicker like it always does the will just stay blanblank and no images will reappear. So now I'm stuck with a downclocked card and can't seem to install drivers properly. I have a board that is only sli compatable is that what is messing with my drivers or is it somethin else

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
You don't need an SLI or CF board for the 5970, even though it is dual-GPU it's only on a single PCI-E slot.

As for the issue.. i'm having a hard time understanding the problem. You have a huge run-on sentence. Your entire post is 3 sentences. Put some more time into and make it easier to understand and you will likely receive more help.

Quote:

So I install the drivers to my new 5970 and I notice that my games just don't seem to be working at the right fps then a week or so goes by and idecide to overclock the card and now the bench test from ati overdrive doesn't work after overclocking my screen goes blank I boot up in safe mode and uninstall drivers when I try reinstalling the screen will flicker like it always does the will just stay blanblank and no images will reappear.

You lose me about half way in. As far as I know there is no "bench test from ati overdrive". Uninstall your drivers, restart, run "Driver Sweeper" for ATI drivers, restart again after it's done. Then reinstall the Catalyst drivers. You should be on 10.2, but 10.3 beta is also good.

You shouldn't need to do any of that in safe mode.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Don't EVER use auto-tune IMO. It never works right. Never bother letting CCC test your clocks as they rarely are actually stable. Never bump your clocks more than 10MHz at a time. Many 5970's are temperature limited at 850Mhz. Or sometimes less if your ambients suck like mine.

Test your clocks by running looped benchmarks that are GPU limited.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts