Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my 5970 and installed it. Everything went smoothly except when I run three monitors, display 2 & 3 get major tearing issues. Its very intermittent and it bugs the hell out of me.

I made sure all the connections are firm and secure. I have the proper active display port converter from Dell which cost $99. What's causing the tearing?? Does anyone else have tearing troubles when running Eyefinity?

·
Registered
590 Posts
If you are running the monitors in 120hz you will need to overclock the 2D settings because the card isn't fast enough at downclocked 2D speeds to keep up with 3 monitors at 120hz.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is just to let everyone know that my tearing issues has been solved. What solved it? Well, I just bought a sound card and the PCI slot was covered by the gigantic 5970. I moved the 5970 into the other PCI express slot and made sure everything is secured.

Installed the sound card into the pci slot and booted up the computer. Installed the drivers for the sound card and noticed that there were no more tearing on any of my monitors. Maybe the PCI express slot that the card was in previously was buggy. All I know is that moving my card into the other pci express slot solved my tearing issues.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:
This happens to me whenever I overclock my card
Try switching pci express slot. I'm stumped how switching slots solved my tearing issues. I've overclocked my 5970 to 850/1250 and there are no tearing issues whatsoever. Its running perfect. Eyefinity is awesome too. I'm really enjoying my 5970 now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts